Distributor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_s1987

Greasemonkey
Oct 8, 2015
Ontario Canada
hey giys, finally decided to break my new motor today and I'm having problems getting my distributor back in. I marked exactly how it was and then took it out today just to prime the oil pump and now it won't sit flush wen I put it back in. Not sure what I did wrong or how how to fix it so any help is appreciated.

Dave

A

dave_s1987

Greasemonkey
Oct 8, 2015
Ontario Canada
Did you line up the oil pump shaft with the distributor? Look down and look at the key way on the pump shaft and turn it to the #1 cylinder. This has to line up with the distributor.

Thanks a lot for the info, i appreciate it. Once i finally got that key way pointed in the right direction she went in like a piece of cake lol. Just thought I'd say thank you for the help

Reactions: 4 users

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
Thanks a lot for the info, i appreciate it. Once i finally got that key way pointed in the right direction she went in like a piece of cake lol. Just thought I'd say thank you for the help[/QUO

I'm glad I was able to help. Many folks here have helped me a bunch too. It's a great place to be.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

dave_s1987

Greasemonkey
Oct 8, 2015
Ontario Canada
yeah, you have no idea how much info I get from here lol When i started doing my drive train swap a year ago I had zero knowledge and hadn't even bought my first socket set yet lol needless to say its been a huge learning experience this year that I could not have done without this forum. I look back at all the random questions and help I've asked for and everyone has just been happy to help out. Its an awesome place and I'm grateful for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor