DixieMonteCarlo - Good Vendor ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
I had noticed a lot of guys mention DixieMonteCarlo when making purchases. So, I placed an order with them. On Feb 12 I ordered a z-bar frame bracket, pair of gas tank straps, and the heater control blend lever (that controls the hot/cold on the heater box under the dash).

I got a confirmation email stating that my card was accepted and a link to someone that shows that status of my order. It's been "In Process" for almost a month now. They said I would get an email telling me when my order ships. I'm still waiting.

I've emailed them 3 times and have yet to receive a reply.

Is this their common business practice?

I'm not slamming this company. I'd just like to know whats going on. I need these parts!

Same exact thing happened to me when I ordered speakers and adapters from them. I also received a confirmation. After a month i emailed them and received an email saying my order had been "lost" and it would be filed immediately. About a week later I received ONLY the speakers with no adapters because they were out of stock.

I will NOT be dealing with them again and would not recommend them to anyone until they get a better record.

I have mixed reviews about these guys. I got my parts on time, but they are very hard to reach if the guy doesn't answer the phone. Usually you have to leave a message, and mine were never retured. On the plus side, I was very happy with the parts I recieved. They even had a in tank fuel pump sender for my Elco allowing me to convert from NA to fuel injection that was new old stock, but it was pricey.

I ordered once from them, never again. When after a few weeks I questioned where my order was, I was sent a nasty email saying dont ever order from them again, as they are too busy to deal with impatient customers.

Um, I only asked why my order hasnt shipped yet. Told them that if they were so busy, maybe they should hire more people to handle the volume. He wrote back to piss off.

Yup. Great customer service there. :roll:

Had the same problem with parts for my sons malibu,took forever,but when they did arrive they were good

Attachments

• pizap.com10.5224816785193981393378752062.jpg
    pizap.com10.5224816785193981393378752062.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 181
  • pizap.com10.48832472134381531393378597265.jpg
    pizap.com10.48832472134381531393378597265.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 183
Glad I saw this thread since I had considered buying from them. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Not a fan.
Dixie promised to refund my shipping charges after delaying my order for so long. They never did and copped attitude when called on it.

I emailed them a link to this thread. Maybe they will see it and decide to improve their service. I would much rather that they mend their ways than to just be a place that no one wants to buy from. We need all of the vendors that we can get.

Well poop...had I known this, someone else would've gotten my money and I'd have gotten my parts. I guess I'll buy these somewhere else. If he sends them ...fine.

I can tell you one thing, as of right now he has $86 of my money. I bet I can cost him more than that in lost sales!

We need a good vendor/bad vendor list if possible. I know some legal issues may arise but if individuals tell stories of their purchases with these vendors then I don't see how complications could exist.

Could we just start a thread and list both good and bad experiences and possibly make it a sticky?

Thanks guys.

huh, I've ordered from them, (actually my wife did) and everything seemed to be ok for her

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor