DixieMonteCarlo - Good Vendor ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I'm not trying to be a dick but there was a culture that many of you younger guys aint used to and it was based off of trust. Back in the late 90's early 2000's is when allot of these buisnesses got started and people were allot more tolerant. Forums were basically non-existant. There was faith and respect for ones word and it was accepted, with today's culture everyone is shop n go with McDonalds standards, and most of these vendors started off early on when things were small and respected. Please, for gods sake, be patient, otherwise these guys will no longer be around.
Plain and simple.
These vendors are not out to take your money and I bet you all of my Cutlasses none of these guys have ever ripped anyone off. They are easily found and if they were some punk I'm sure they would of been singled out by now.
All I ask is to give them a little respect.
I've delt with Year One back in 1993 when they were nothing and I specifically remember it took 6 weeks to recieve my headliner for my '68 El Camino and these guys are from that era where the hobby was smaller. These vendors now are getting older and I know for a fact one of them is facing a trying situation with cancer right now.
These vendors are our life line for NO ONE ELSE IS REPRODUCING INTERIOR PLASTIC, DYE OR REAR PACKAGE TRAYS, so what if you have to wait a month... I just waited 6 weeks for my rear package tray and I didn't email them ONCE but it arrived with faith.
And yes, it is wrong not to email anyone back but like I said these guys are old school.

88hurstolds said:
Look, I'm not trying to be a dick but there was a culture that many of you younger guys aint used to and it was based off of trust. Back in the late 90's early 2000's is when allot of these buisnesses got started and people were allot more tolerant. Forums were basically non-existant. There was faith and respect for ones word and it was accepted, with today's culture everyone is shop n go with McDonalds standards, and most of these vendors started off early on when things were small and respected. Please, for gods sake, be patient, otherwise these guys will no longer be around.
Plain and simple.
These vendors are not out to take your money and I bet you all of my Cutlasses none of these guys have ever ripped anyone off. They are easily found and if they were some punk I'm sure they would of been singled out by now.
All I ask is to give them a little respect.
I've delt with Year One back in 1993 when they were nothing and I specifically remember it took 6 weeks to recieve my headliner for my '68 El Camino and these guys are from that era where the hobby was smaller. These vendors now are getting older and I know for a fact one of them is facing a trying situation with cancer right now.
These vendors are our life line for NO ONE ELSE IS REPRODUCING INTERIOR PLASTIC, DYE OR REAR PACKAGE TRAYS, so what if you have to wait a month... I just waited 6 weeks for my rear package tray and I didn't email them ONCE but it arrived with faith.
And yes, it is wrong not to email anyone back but like I said these guys are old school.
QFT... well said.

I can be quite patient when ordering parts from a vendor or anyone else. I would expect there to be some sort of notice being sent to my email saying that the payment was received, showing the part, etc. My issue is it taking 6 weeks to receive a part in the mail. I can be quite patient if it takes 2 or 3 weeks, but to take double that amount of time is really uncalled for.

Look, I'm not trying to be a dick but there was a culture that many of you younger guys aint used to and it was based off of trust. Back in the late 90's early 2000's is when allot of these buisnesses got started and people were allot more tolerant.

I know exactly what your talking about when it comes to the whole "trust" and trusting a man's word. The problem is nowadays, scams and theft have become the norm. But this has absolutely nothing to do with the issues with Dixiemontecarlo. The issue is that the parts are not being shipped in a timely manner that is expected of a vendor or any business for that matter. There is no verification to the purchaser that the payment or any information was received. And being disrespectful over the phone is uncalled for if your dealing with a customer.

We don't care about how the business is run or how many people work for you. If you want to be a vendor and expect good business, then be prepared to meet some expectations. If you can't meet the supply and demand, then maybe its time to look at alternatives or step up with more workers. I seriously doubt they are not making any profit off this business.

All of what Dixie Monte Carlo Depot said is making excuses for their less than satisfactory business principles. If they want to be regarded as a reputable business, then they should act and represent themselves that way.

Bottom line is, having to wait for 2 months for a simple order without any notification and with a less than satisfactory or even average status page is not conducive of a well-ran business. It is also very reasonable, as said above, for customers to worry about where the money that they also work hard to earn is being spent. To disregard that is ignoring simple principles of customer service.

This is not to say that I do not whole-heartedly appreciate the services they provide. I do and realize they are vital to supporting our particular hobby.

Hopefully, in the future, instead of coming on here to make excuses, Dixie Monte Carlo Depot will take the fact that they are not satisfying their customers needs and will use that to improve their company for the good of all parties.

I don't know about you guys but I don't have a lot of time to work on my cars. So, when I do, I want to have what I need. If I know I will have some free time in a couple weeks I might buy some parts. If they parts don't arrive for 6 weeks, that pretty much screws up my plans. Now, if I know ahead of time that it might take 6 weeks to receive a part then I can plan accordingly. But, if I order something, and I don't hear anything, don't get any return phone calls or emails, and it doesn't show up for several weeks then I am going to think I am being ripped off. In a way, I am being ripped off, because my time is precious to me. In fact, I value my time a lot more than some $50 car part. So, telling me that 6 weeks is not too long to wait and that I should be patient is quite insulting to me.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Let's say that you, as a vendor, sends me a car part and you expect me to send you the money afterwards. What if you don't hear from me and I don't return you calls and then finally send the money to you 6 weeks later. How would that make you feel? And tell me how that is any different.

It's hard to trust or have faith in a man's word...when there is no words.

i dont want to piss anyone off on here, but these seem to be some harsh words people are saying about these folks. i personally havent dealt with them, yet. but i dont if anyone knows of any other places that seems to offer parts like these for these cars, but i have done quite a bit of searcing since my first g body, over 5 years ago now and havent come up with much. ive owned 4 now and 2 are still in my possesion and the third is my brothers now. my monte is daily driven in all weather as im now supporting a family and it is my our only transportation. what im getting at is this car aint going anywheres, and nor do i plan on going anywheres, meaning it aint the end of the world if parts i order dont show up on time. when they get here they get here, it killed me yet in the year ive been driving this one to not have a headliner or fresh carpet, or a nice set of 6x9s in the rear. when i go to order stuff i could care less how long it takes to get here cause my money is going to go towards a vendor thats actually filling a niche in the hobby with g bodys, cause i love g bodys with a serious passion and eventually used parts are going to become more difficult to find than they are now, so i like the idea of keeping guys like this around regardless of how long my parts would take to get here. even if they take an extended amount of time to ship, where i live good luck findin good used parts,ited take me longer to find stuff here than it would for htem to ship no matter what i would order, can guarentee that. cause in connecticut, most people look these cars and either call em junk or great roundy round projects. the wrecking yards just crush em asp to get the scrap value, and the roundy round guys never seem salvage anything to offer it up to people that need it. i occasionly come accrossed some good stuf at the swap meets, but normally its strictly ss body parts and worn out interior parts that are grossly overpriced for what they are. im just sayin i wouldnt b*tch about em to much, cause i dont see any new g body vendors comin out of the wood work for us. maybe one day these cars wil hhave the popularity of the older a bodys but i say for deal with what we got. oh and come to think of it my brother ordered some things trhough them didnt have a problem and was very satisfied with the purchase.

Just because you are in no hurry to get your car going doesn't mean other people aren't. what about the folks who need to finish things up for a car show, or because they need to hurry and get it fixed up so they can sell it, or because they have a baby due and won't have time afterwards, or have to go back to college after being on break, or the navy guys who only has a couple weeks of time before they are shipped back out on deployment, etc, etc, etc.

Most people can deal with delays if they know they will have to wait. It's the lack of communication and the attitude from the vendor saying "that's how it is so deal with it" that people don't like. It's like the slacker machinist who worked on my manifold. He told me it would be ready in 2 days and that he would call me. After 3 days I go over and it is still sitting on the counter where I dropped it off. He tells me he will have it ready the next day and will call. He doesn't call. I give it a couple days and drive over and he says he has to order a new belt for his sander. Says it will be ready the next day and will call. No call, so I go over the see what the heck is up and he tells me he was busy and will have it ready the next week. The next Monday I go to pick it up and he says he can fix some drills out holes on it and will have i ready in a day or two and will call. Never called. I give it a few days and go by. Says he hasn't had time and needs to get some helicoils. It ended up being over 2 weeks to get something that was initially supposed to be a day or two. And he never did call the whole time. I wasted a lot of trips driving over there. I could have just waited for him to call but I needed to get the engine back together and I only have a few hours each weekend to work on it. I ended up finally getting it back and having to work in 24 degree weather with snow blowing in the garage door. If he had it when he was supposed to I would have had nice sunny weather.

And that is why I can not stand dealing with people who are not timely and do not communicate. Screw em. Let them go out of business. Someone else will take their place.

carmangary said:
Screw em. Let them go out of business. Someone else will take their place.

Amen.

Okay, since I started this thread, here's my take on the situation.

When I ordered my 3 parts, I didn't know if they were in stock or not. The internet allows small business to look like a huge business. He could have a *warehouse* in 1 room of his house or have a building the size of a city block. I don't know.

I placed my order on 2/12/10 knowing he stated it might take a week or two. Okay. It would have been nice to know he had the time as a business/customer relationship that he could have sent me a quick email letting me know *if* my parts are on backorder. I understand backorders, They can't send them out if they can't get them. Let me know...

My money wasn't on *backorder*... I got an automated transaction receipt stating my order was "in process". As someone else stated, I know what I'm going to be doing in a few weeks and I'd like to have the parts ready to do so. He got my money and I still don't have my parts. I've got idle time waiting for my parts. Yes, MY parts. I paid for them and he still has MY parts. He's probably already spent MY hard earned money. He has the time to use my money to feed his family or give to charitable organizations. And I can't work on my car due to the fact I have no parts. I don't have the time (or money) to order parts 6 months in advance just so it fits *his schedule*.

If he has so much to do and not enough time to do it, maybe he should hire more people. I had to make the time to order these parts, and I chose his company. I also had to find the time to send him 3 emails wondering where MY parts (that MY money has already paid for) where at. Yet, he's too busy to let me know if he's had the time to send them to me or if he's even got them in stock.

If he's too busy to deal with good customer service, then I'm too busy to deal with his busy company again. I'm old school too. Here's my money, send me my parts. If you don't have them in stock, let me know!

I'm glad he responded to this. He's had his time to defend his business practices. I'm on a few g-body forums and I believe I'll send them the link to this thread so others can see all the charities he supports and that he's such a good businessman that he don't have the time to deal with the customers that allows him to do all this charity work.

So, now I wonder, will he take the time to refund me my money should I choose to buy from someone who will take the time to send me my parts. I need my parts. If he deals in these parts, then he should be the first to realize that we CAN'T just go to the local salvage yard and pick these parts off the ground!

With internet orders being the volume they are and scams being so easy to pull off without getting caught, he needs to move into todays world to do business. Modern business practices for a modern world.

And yes, my order is still *in process* ... after waiting for them for 1 month ... :wtf:

I did some looking on his "Terms And Conditions" section. If you get tired of waiting for his lack of service to you, the customer, he'll still get your money. Here's his cancelling an order terms...

"ALL CANCELLED ORDERS MUST BE DONE BY PHONE OR FAX. Emails or voice mails are not acceptable because they are to easily lost. Please call 877-243-4943 or fax 877-243-4940 to cancel an order. There is a $50 fee for cancelled orders or refused shipment orders. This fee is to cover the cost of credit card fees and time to handle paper work and phone calls. "

Okay, so, I guess if he decides to send me my order in 2 months, that makes him a good honest Christian businessman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor