DixieMonteCarlo - Good Vendor ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i remember right, a friend of mine and me sent you a set of rear quarter window interior trim in landeau and standard post and they were destroyed while making the molds, which didnt make me very happy due tho these pieces being very hard to find...the pieces i sent were black to boot being even harder to find...

I read some of these posts saying younger guys don't understand 'trust' and your 'word' and things like that. I call bullshit. I'm driving over 500miles a day to take goods from dallas to houston, takes half a day. The only thing that slows this process down is the mexi lady in the warehouse office who paints her nails and picks her cooch all day and makes me sit an hour while she types in the orders for the warehouse guys to pull boxes. She's supposed to have this done before I get there and the b*tch starts after I arrive as if I don't have somewhere to be. It isn't shipping that's the problem at all. Shipping is always on time or I and everyone else like me doesn't get a paycheck...except for the rare occasion of a blizzard or flood or somethin. It's usually the people in direct contact with office sales who are f--king things up getting the wrong packages or missing things or whatever, those people really could care less. They get paid whether or not every order is input correctly.

This isn't about someones word or trust and values and all this bullshit this is business ethics and management were talkin about, not personal ethics. If someone screws up once, okay, if they do it multiple times, something is wrong. Something is even more wrong if the system is bucked and management has no clue about the problems they're having and with which people

86Cutlass383SR said:
Okay, since I started this thread, here's my take on the situation.

When I ordered my 3 parts, I didn't know if they were in stock or not. The internet allows small business to look like a huge business. He could have a *warehouse* in 1 room of his house or have a building the size of a city block. I don't know.

I placed my order on 2/12/10 knowing he stated it might take a week or two. Okay. It would have been nice to know he had the time as a business/customer relationship that he could have sent me a quick email letting me know *if* my parts are on backorder. I understand backorders, They can't send them out if they can't get them. Let me know...

My money wasn't on *backorder*... I got an automated transaction receipt stating my order was "in process". As someone else stated, I know what I'm going to be doing in a few weeks and I'd like to have the parts ready to do so. He got my money and I still don't have my parts. I've got idle time waiting for my parts. Yes, MY parts. I paid for them and he still has MY parts. He's probably already spent MY hard earned money. He has the time to use my money to feed his family or give to charitable organizations. And I can't work on my car due to the fact I have no parts. I don't have the time (or money) to order parts 6 months in advance just so it fits *his schedule*.

If he has so much to do and not enough time to do it, maybe he should hire more people. I had to make the time to order these parts, and I chose his company. I also had to find the time to send him 3 emails wondering where MY parts (that MY money has already paid for) where at. Yet, he's too busy to let me know if he's had the time to send them to me or if he's even got them in stock.

If he's too busy to deal with good customer service, then I'm too busy to deal with his busy company again. I'm old school too. Here's my money, send me my parts. If you don't have them in stock, let me know!

I'm glad he responded to this. He's had his time to defend his business practices. I'm on a few g-body forums and I believe I'll send them the link to this thread so others can see all the charities he supports and that he's such a good businessman that he don't have the time to deal with the customers that allows him to do all this charity work.

So, now I wonder, will he take the time to refund me my money should I choose to buy from someone who will take the time to send me my parts. I need my parts. If he deals in these parts, then he should be the first to realize that we CAN'T just go to the local salvage yard and pick these parts off the ground!

With internet orders being the volume they are and scams being so easy to pull off without getting caught, he needs to move into todays world to do business. Modern business practices for a modern world.

And yes, my order is still *in process* ... after waiting for them for 1 month ... :wtf:

I did some looking on his "Terms And Conditions" section. If you get tired of waiting for his lack of service to you, the customer, he'll still get your money. Here's his cancelling an order terms...

"ALL CANCELLED ORDERS MUST BE DONE BY PHONE OR FAX. Emails or voice mails are not acceptable because they are to easily lost. Please call 877-243-4943 or fax 877-243-4940 to cancel an order. There is a $50 fee for cancelled orders or refused shipment orders. This fee is to cover the cost of credit card fees and time to handle paper work and phone calls. "

Okay, so, I guess if he decides to send me my order in 2 months, that makes him a good honest Christian businessman...

Wonderfully said.

Oh and I did read their Terms and Conditions. Its quite apparent that they have had problems in the past and had to write that up to cover their asses when THEY **** up and have customers who are JUSTIFIABLY unsatisfied.

I can't get over how ridiculously self-serving his posts were. Do not try to take on the world and be involved in so many things if you literally CANNOT handle them all. I was in Boy Scouts and know the time and effort involved by parents and know that if you cannot commit then DON'T. As the saying goes, "Anything worth doing is worth doing right." That especially applies in this situation towards how they run their business. Why spread yourself so thin that you do the individual things poorly? Especially when it directly effects the livelihood of other people.

I was on the fence about whether or not to order from them again but what tipped the scales is this post of him defending his company with bullshit excuse after pity-seeking excuse.

I think his posts themselves show why they should not be ordered from.

88hurstolds said:
Look, I'm not trying to be a dick but there was a culture that many of you younger guys aint used to and it was based off of trust. Back in the late 90's early 2000's is when allot of these buisnesses got started and people were allot more tolerant. Forums were basically non-existant. There was faith and respect for ones word and it was accepted, with today's culture everyone is shop n go with McDonalds standards, and most of these vendors started off early on when things were small and respected. Please, for gods sake, be patient, otherwise these guys will no longer be around.
Plain and simple.
These vendors are not out to take your money and I bet you all of my Cutlasses none of these guys have ever ripped anyone off. They are easily found and if they were some punk I'm sure they would of been singled out by now.
All I ask is to give them a little respect.
I've delt with Year One back in 1993 when they were nothing and I specifically remember it took 6 weeks to recieve my headliner for my '68 El Camino and these guys are from that era where the hobby was smaller. These vendors now are getting older and I know for a fact one of them is facing a trying situation with cancer right now.
These vendors are our life line for NO ONE ELSE IS REPRODUCING INTERIOR PLASTIC, DYE OR REAR PACKAGE TRAYS, so what if you have to wait a month... I just waited 6 weeks for my rear package tray and I didn't email them ONCE but it arrived with faith.
And yes, it is wrong not to email anyone back but like I said these guys are old school.

Exactly.

I've ordered from Dixie Monte Carlo in the past and will again in the future and will keep their link on my web page. I would love to add more links of venders of this type. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.. I've never waited for the parts from them or anyone. I always find something to do until parts arrive. Maybe the parts I ordered where more "off the shelf" but I was sure happy that I found the parts...anywhere.
If it wasn't for the Malibu, there would be nothing anywhere for my cars. Thanks Malibu guys. :mrgreen:

Here is my order status. I checked yet again today. Feel free to check it yourself. It asks for my email address: [email protected] Notice the order date and amount of order in the upper left corner.

https://www.qccart.net/cgi-bin/OrderSta ... nlineOrder

This is the ONLY information I've gotten from them. I could, if you wish, copy/paste the 3 emails I've sent them with absolutely NO reply.

I thought about sending this to various g-body forums and any forums that have g-bodied cars in them. I am on several. I didn't want to be too harsh, but after reading that many others have had the same problems, I feel that something has to be said. I am, after all, relating MY experience with this company. So has everyone who's replied to this thread.

They've had their chance to establish a relationship with a new customer. They failed miserably. I'm 50 years old and have ordered many thousands of dollars worth of parts from both individuals and vendors and this is by far the worst vendor I've ever dealt with. If you've had good experience with them then I suggest you keep using them.

Will this vendor get any more of my money: ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!

I've ordered more than my share of parts from Dixie and never had a problem.
There site does indicate things may take time and some of my order where in your terms, slow to arrive.
But they do have the largest most complete selection of parts.
I will not rely on emails for any type purchase where I have questions.
For one its totally impersonal and 2 people talking about the same thing can get understandings that have different outcomes.
I've had parts which I needed more answers to in which I called Dixie and they answered them and took time to get measurements. If they did not answer or return calls, then I may take this shun attitude, but can you even begin to imagine how many stupid emails companies like this get everyday from impatient people, people whom want answers and never purchase and so on and so fourth.
I know personally how that works since I make some custom parts for S Series trucks.
A few years ago I was offering them direct and a much reduced price then people pay for them now. I still make those parts, but sell them through others willing to deal with the email crap and they double the price.

Have your parts arrived yet?

Nope, still no box from Dixie Monte Carlo Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor