Dlo253's daily driver Integra build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Well, the ghoul talked me into posting up my Honda build. So what the hell, right?
This car is the reason my Cutlass has been getting neglected. Picked it up for $600 a few years ago. She has come quite a ways since then. Far enough to where I decided I am going to take a break and give my attention to the Cutlass for a while.

The car is actually a 1992 Acura Integra GSR. The GSR model was produced in 92-93 and there were less than 5000 ever made. Unfortunately the PO put a rod through the motor, so it has a b18a1 which comes in the LS version. Car was basically stock other than a few poorly chosen accessories. I completely went through and replaced just about everything. Here is my spec list:

Engine
- B18A1- 81.5 bore
- Fully balanced & blueprinted
- ARP head studs
- ARP rod bolts
- Stainless 4-2-1 header
- Greddy/Trust sp1 exhaust
- Vibrant high flow cat
- Custom intake in the works
- AEM filter
- Golden Eagle magnetic oil drain plug
- MSD plug wires
- Optima red top
- 170 amp h/o alternator
- 4ga power wires
- 0,4,8ga welding cable grounds
- Crome Pro

Cooling
- Mishimoto aluminum radiator
- Mishimoto 14" fan
- Spoon Sports radiator cap
- BWR radiator hoses
- Moroso overflow reservoir
- Stainless braided overflow line

Drivetrain
- DB2 ys1
- B&M precision sport shifter
- Upgraded shift linkage with custom nylatron bushings and shoulder bolts

Engine bay styling
- Mirror polished VC and black oil pan
- J's Racing oil cap
- Polished stainless dress up bolts/washers
- Mugen reservoir sock
- Main harness tuck
- Slight mods to engine harness
- Full AC, PS, CC delete (Correctly)
- Washer fluid delete

Suspension
- Suspension Techniques sway bars
- Front: 24mm Rear: 19mm
- Ground Control coilover sleeves with Eibach springs
- Ground control extended top hats
- Koni Yellow shocks
- F&R camber kits
- Energy Suspension poly bushing kit
- stw-181 16x7 +38
- Muteki forged low profile lug nuts

Exterior
- 90-91 poly Mugen rep lip
- Tinted tails
- Legend yellow fog light trick
- Clear corners
- Amber turn signals
- 20% tint

Interior
- Canadian manual seat belt conversion
- Black Alcantara/cloth 04-06 RSX front seats
- JDM arm rest, mint cup holders
- JDM DA6 amber clock
- Auto Meter Carbon Fiber Ultra-Lite gauges (Mech. Temp, Mech, Oil Psi, Voltmeter)
- Single DIN tilt pod
- Teflon coated stainless braided line for oil psi gauge
- Spoon Sports blue wide rear view mirror
- Spoon Sports Duracon shift knob
- OEM ITR shift boot
- Black/red stitch arm rest cover from Precision Made Stitching
- Accord steering wheel
- All OEM non AC parts
- 12 SMD board dome light
- 12 SMD board trunk light
- Red LED cluster, climate control, lighter, gauges
- Mugen shift plate
- No smoking cigarette lighter plug

Billet/Custom stuff I've made
- 4" Stainless shifter extension
- Billet aluminum shift boot collar
- Billet aluminum EGR block off plate
- Billet aluminum cam seal, CHC- polished
- Billet aluminum radiator hose splice for temp gauge
- Battery tray/hold down
- Billet aluminum dead pedal
- Overflow res. bracket
- Billet aluminum rear wiper delete plug, CHC- polished
- 1/16 NPT to -4AN fitting for overflow line

Unfortunately I don't have any good pics showing how bad it was before I saved her... But believe me when I say it has come a very long way. I don't have any pics of my new motor that I just got running yet, in the process of fabricating a custom induction intake.

dg5iKVd.jpg

wpuitGK.jpg

QMayIlL.jpg

VjA3VAi.png

100_0526_zpsa782aa02.jpg

100_0524_zpsb0da1f0c.jpg

20140324_161340_zpstidrmsdx.jpg

20140324_140428_zpspenrs2xz.jpg

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
NIce, alot of stuff done to it. Looks good!

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Thanks, appreciate it.
I will have to try and dig up some old pics. I don't have any with the motor that it came with but it was a mess or wires, old nasty oil al over everything, a cone filter stuck right on the intake manifold, and a half bare valve cover. And he also hacked up the dash bezel and center vents to put that cheesy sunpro chrome pod gauge kit in it. Those are the worst, among many ridiculous things I had to fix/change. Unfortunately I didn't really take any pictures.
But here's one of what the engine bay looked like when I first got it.. :puke:
100_0011.jpg

the ghoul

Master Mechanic
Dec 18, 2012
Killer stuff man!
Definetly a bit of a list you got going!

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I just wanna say I am totally down with this. That thing is clean. I'll admit that I know very little about imports but I do have an admiration for them. My sister's fiance has a white '92(?) Civic coupe that he used to drive for years (until it sucked up water and the block went *boom*). And then some idiot intentionally backed into it with a truck because "they were tired of seeing it sitting in the parking lot." :( :evil:
It's been sitting under a cover with a new engine ready to go in for a couple years now. I'm still hoping we can work on it one day.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Thanks for all the love guys. Have been to hell and back with this car to get it to the point it is at now. so the appreciation really means a lot.
Sucked up water and went boom huh? Funny you should say that. I bet it had one of those cold air intakes didnt it? Thats why I have another brand new motor. I fully built a motor, then a bad storm came a few days earlier than expected. I was also a couple days late removing my cold air intake... Sucked up a bunch of water and grenaded my fresh motor. It had just over 9,000 miles on it. Let me go get the pics of that disaster..
Backed into it on purpose? Wow, people never cease to amaze me...

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
Gotta ask did it hydro lock the engine or something?? I've seen some hydro lock engines before and that is the worse I've ever seen.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Yes, it did. I was cruising along, but was probly at around 4k because of the short geared transmission I have. I killed it right away but clearly it was too late. I was a block away from home, hit a few inches of standing water randomly, that was all she wrote. This is the worst one I've seen also. And it bent one valve as well.

ITh4n4tosI

Greasemonkey
Nov 23, 2013
damn that sucks, I would've been mad. My sister's now exboyfriend drove his 2006 ford f150 with 4.6 in it straight into a pond(depths unknown to him) flat out with a cold air, six inches of lift, and 37" tires and the water ended up about 6ft over his roof and all it did was crack one piston and bend one valve. Unknown to us though ford experimented with different pistons in those engines and he had a discontinued piston in his and grab one of only three left in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor