Donor vehicle list . . . ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
The current junkyard thread got me thinking- We should try to compile a condensed list of donor vehicles to look for in salvage yards. Not just the obvious ones for body/interior parts and engines, but also things like suspension goodies, steering boxes, brake upgrades, or anything else we can think of. Links to specific threads could just be listed in this thread to keep everything clean and concise.

For example . . .

Jeep steering shaft upgrade:
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9 ... e+steering

Factory rear disc brake upgrade:
http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9 ... t=junkyard

Moog spring part numbers would be nice, cuz you get different part numbers from different sites. Now what i am suggesting is for example some comparable to Eibachs, Hotchkis,etc.
Now some are for dropping, handling upgrades or some for drag racing.Whatever is good just info cuz its a pain looking for info all over the place.

Moog spring part numbers would be nice, cuz you get different part numbers from different sites. Now what i am suggesting is for example some comparable to Eibachs, Hotchkis,etc.
Now some are for dropping, handling upgrades or some for drag racing.Whatever is good just info cuz its a pain looking for info all over the place.

For the purpose of this thread however, I was thinking of sticking to parts to be salvaged from junkyard cars. Aftermarket parts would be for a different thread.

You can also use 78' to 85" Caddy Eldorado or Seville rear calipers. The also have the built in Parking brakes. I'm using calipers of an 85" Caddy Seville Check ebay and do a search here for rear brake conversions. I will try and post pix when I have my 84' Grand National rear axle converted to disc brakes. I have a spare set of these calipers if interested they would need rebuilt or can be used for cores to trade in on re-MFG units. If I remember right the T/A set-up uses "Staggered" calipers with one in the front and one in the rear. The Caddy set-up uses L & R calipers that both mount to the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor