Dont you hate when people hack up rare cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Meh, GNs aren't rare in general, see them all the time all over the place... unless you mean a non intercooled early year one.

Just boring black paint and a tutone interior slapped over a turbocharged regal. Over 20,000 made in 87 alone. Cut up one or 100, no big loss. Besides, stuffing a hemi powertrain doesn't lose the heritage, the stuff that made it a grand national instead of just a turbo t is still basically there.

I'd like to see more intercooled GNs cut up and made into something... interesting? Otherwise it's *usually* just, blah, seen this before a thousand times. Next please!

Hilarious to me that you wouldn't slightly be concerned about a GN, but that a Somerset would get you to start a thread like this. :LOL:

Talk about tripping over $20,000 to pick up 50 cents............................

Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I remember that guy from TB Forum. His hole intentions was to draw attention to his products. What better way?

The Automotive equivalent of Clickbait.

He's going to make his GN faster with one easy trick...

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hilarious to me that you wouldn't slightly be concerned about a GN, but that a Somerset would get you to start a thread like this. :LOL:

Talk about tripping over $20,000 to pick up 50 cents............................
Well, let me ask you this...

Last time you saw an amateur restoration/survivor or better somerset in person or at a car show?

Last time you saw an amateur restoration/survivor or better gn in person or at a car show?

Both are the same thing - an appearance package. One is much more rare than the other, and it ain't the gn

Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Well, let me ask you this...

Last time you saw an amateur restoration/survivor or better somerset in person or at a car show?

Last time you saw an amateur restoration/survivor or better gn in person or at a car show?

Both are the same thing - an appearance package. One is much more rare than the other, and it ain't the gn

The main reason that comes to my mind is that the Somerset had very little going for it then, and not much more now. Throw a good set of wheels on a dog turd and it will look great, it won’t be worth anything or be desirable. A GN needs nothing out of the box. The main upside to the Somerset is that if you like them then at least they don’t cost $20k+. You can also make a fake Somerset and nobody cops an opinion because nobody cares. Try that with a GN. I’m glad to see anybody fixing any G-body I don’t care what it is, I just don’t get upset when they make it look how they want it to look. It’s their money and their car.

All just one man’s opinion. 👍🏻

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Not too many can fake a Somerset because the badges aren't reproduced. There are 2 sweet ones on here, and cutting a shifter hole does not count as hacking it up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I could have brought a nice Summerset two years ago fifty miles from my house for 1200. It needed carpet and a different seat. Someone took them out. Almost went after it. I can not touch a junky Grand National for that kind of money. I also seen a mint 88 Buick GS in town tonight.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm guessing there's about 6 people in North America who would recognize a Somerset as something "special".

Nov 4, 2012
Was this a rare car? I might've hacked it up...
20200808_123348.jpg

20200808_123352.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
My second Gbody was an 81' Regal, I don't know how rare it was with it's two tone gold and brown paint and matching interior and it also came with gold turbine wheels but I was young and on a budget but wanted what I thought was a cool car that was fast, the first thing I did was black out the chrome and buy rims and tires and next was a V6 to 406 SBC swap.
Even though I have my Monte that car is the main reason I built my current Regal.
View attachment 153809
About a month or so ago, I saw an '81 here in a suburb of Minneapolis at a stoplight. It was 2-tone brown & gold with the turbine wheels still on it. Had the brown interior with the piping. Headliner was sagging down pretty bad, but not a bad looking car at a glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor