Door hinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
There is a couple threads on door hinges so I thought I'd share. This method is not an option unless you have the fenders off.
I got the idea from many newer cars, where the hinges are Not adjustable. Which makes sense to me. It's correct, bushing wears, door sags, it needs new bushings to restore the sag. Not adjust to compensate for sag.

Found this hinge spring tool. It worked great on one side but the angle was just a headache on the other. 1 minute vs 45.

Build a stand to capture the door while the pins and bushings were removed. I cut the pin and knocked it out. Replaced bushings and reinserted pins. The power window/lock wiring was still attached. No bolts were disturbed for this method.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 7.53.55 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 7.53.55 PM.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 97
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 7.54.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-24 at 7.54.20 PM.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor