Door Sill Floor Pan Metal

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
Looks very good! I recently had to do the same thing, it’s a shame they don’t make a replacement piece for this but it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. The hard part was was the separate piece under this side rail that has the threaded hole for the seat belt had to be removed also and then after I bent and welded the new rail piece, it had to be correctly located and welded in also.

Attachments

• IMG_3894.png
    IMG_3894.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: 1 user

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
This might be hard to understand but this is the piece under the side rail that houses the number three body mount z bolt cage and the threaded spot for the seat belt. When the rusted rail is cut out this piece is also welded to the inner rocker and needs possibly to be addressed.

Attachments

• IMG_3906.png
    IMG_3906.png
    12.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3905.png
    IMG_3905.png
    11.8 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: 1 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
This might be hard to understand but this is the piece under the side rail that houses the number three body mount z bolt cage and the threaded spot for the seat belt. When the rusted rail is cut out this piece is also welded to the inner rocker and needs possibly to be addressed.

On the later model cars, yes, that's all one piece. On earlier models the body mount cage is a much smaller piece and doesn't incorporate the seatbelt mount. The seatbelt mount there is just a reinforcing plate with a nut - pretty much exactly the same as how the rear seatbelts mount or the front seatbelt mounts on the tunnel.

Not sure where they made the change, I'm assuming between the 80 and 81 model years.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
My Monte is an 85. it has the outer re-inforcing plates for the shoulder harness and inner rr-inforcing plates for the tunnel straps. Underneath the strap located there goes between the front inner/tunnel side seat mounts and acts as sort of a driveshaft loop.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor