Drivers Door Hinge Detent Arm Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The roller that the detent arm rides on to hold the door open is shot. Any know the part number for a replacement pin and roller? I have looked at aftermarket hinges but they do not include the detent arm or roller...

thanks

not a G body but this is what my roller looks like..

354488d1501348293-1988-camaro-seriously-creaky-creakydoor1_zpsf79c5103.jpg

Last edited:

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
The hinges I put on my car came with it. Are you sure you aren't looking at a lower hinge. I bought my hinges thru Rock Auto but they were classic auto repops or one of the other big guys. I don't really remember.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The hinges I put on my car came with it. Are you sure you aren't looking at a lower hinge. I bought my hinges thru Rock Auto but they were classic auto repops or one of the other big guys. I don't really remember.

my search was for G body driver door upper hinge...then tried 1986 Monte Carlo door upper hinge

I'll take a look at Rockauto...thanks

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'm also looking.

I don't want to replace the whole hinge, just the roller pin.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
New hinge.
Or you can do a cheap repair like I did on my Regal.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I have never seen the arm separate only with a hinge. I imagine they usually have a similar service life and the fact they are staked on mean most people can't change them anyway. So they probably only come with a hinge assy

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
New hinge.
Or you can do a cheap repair like I did on my Regal.

Mike's work out to around $150 by the time it gets here and that if it slides through the border with no fees... :popcorn:

I like your repair idea....thanks...:)

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Mike's work out to around $150 by the time it gets here and that if it slides through the border with no fees... :popcorn:

I like your repair idea....thanks...:)
I figure it took about an hour once I came up with a plan and the pin kit costs me $7 but the parts I used were just the leftovers that I didn't need for the lower hinge.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor