dropping a 454 in my 84 cutlass.. oil pan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
84_ttops said:
ok a little more off topic.... you guys fitting power brakes on your cars with 2"header tubes? i got the 2241 headers and SEEMS like it gonna be tight and second question... anyone take the brake booster off and just run the master cylinder direct to firewall and use a push rod off the pedal?

I've ran the 2241 headers on my Monte when I had a 496 there were no clearance issues with the stock booster which is still on my car and now my headers are 2-1/4" to 2-3/8" and still no issues with the booster.
I also used the 2241 headers on a Regal that had the large flatter stock booster same style as GuysMonteSS booster and also had no clearance issues with headers.
There is no reason to remove your power booster unless it is for some sort of upgrade and the headers should fit with either style stock booster without issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,287

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
As 565 says,theres lots of room between the brake booster and headers;
NewPlugWires08011.jpg

I used the Hooker # 2455 "A" Body 2 inch headers,they are quite a bit cheaper than the swap headers.
Malibu Dave sells parts for a manual brake conversion;
http://www.manualbrakes.com/
Heres a link to his post on this subject ;
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34354
If you read through this,it seems like an awful lot of work for little gain.Just my opinion...
Guy

84ttops

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2011
and one final question.... anyone have to replace stock fuel lines with bigger ones to run their big blocks? im running e85 on a 4500 carb and i been told i need 30% more fuel pump than regular gas carb so...i guess 2 questions.... what size mech fuel pumps you guys using?

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I'm still running the stock size 3/8 fuel lines and a Jegs chrome high volume 80 GPH 5.7-8 PSI fuel pump.Havent noticed any fuel starvation issues and I've been using this pump for over 4 years,and theres been lots of 6500 + RPM blasts :wink:
And before that it was a stock fuel pump & stock size lines,that was my old combo LS-6 454 crate motor with a Crane roller cam,never had any issues then either.
Guy

84mcVegas

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 23, 2010
las vegas,nv
I used the Hooker # 2455 "A" Body 2 inch headers,they are quite a bit cheaper than the swap headers.

were these headers put in easy or had to stuggle and dent /bent in some tubes from hitting places?

I currently running stock 454 headers for 1yr now and looking to headers since didnt want to pay like 500buks for the 2241 swap headers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor