E85 guys... questions

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
It's around 2.66 a gallon here but I'm not looking for economy or saving cash.
I had a GMC pickup that was flex and when I had a full tank of E85 it was very noticeable. Much better acceleration. I don't remember if they gave hp reading for it though.
how much???!!! i gotta move..

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I run a flex sensor on my stock P01 ECU.

I run a big spin on fuel filter, switch to straight e10 87 el cheapo pump gas in the winter storage.

I'm convinced he 'goo' people tend to get in their fuel systems from their cars sitting when running E85 is due to water getting in the tank. If you have a good, sealed tank where air isn't allowed to get in and out, park in a consistent temperature space or something cooler, you stand a much better chance.

e85 absorbs moisture from the air. If your fuel tank is exposed to the air and you live in a place that is very humid and gets lots of temperature swings where there is condensation, that condensation is going to end up in the fuel tank and combine with the ethanol and goo stuff up.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I apologize. E85 is 3.65 and 93 is 4.89 about a mile from me.
I don't use either. Jeez it wasn't too long ago I paid 1.9x for 87.
Inflation is a killer.
inflation? or oil company greed?

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Probably both. I don't remember the actual year but had to be 2016 or 2017 when prices in NW Indiana were sub $2 a gallon. I don't know if anyone else here follows the market and I don't pretend to know much. But for a day or two back then the price of a barrel of oil went negative. To this day I don't understand how minus $30 oil even works. Just a strange tid bit.

Reactions: 1 user

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
The oil industry doesn't set the market price.....supply and demand in the market will naturally set the price.

The following are at least partly responsible for the current high price of gasoline: lack of investment in refining/drilling capacity during Covid, shutting down of the Keystone XL pipeline project, availability of oil/gas leases on federal land, govt signaling the planned obsolescence of fossil fuels.

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor