Easy Headlight Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

attngtr

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Iowa
I have a 83 caballero with the 4 headlights. My question is which 2 headlights are the low beam and which are the high beam. Is inside low beam and outside high beam? Mine don't work and I am going to check the voltages and want to make sure I am checking it right.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
attngtr said:
So do the low beams go off when the high beams come on?

No, they both should go on at the same time. The only difference between the low and high (if they're sealed beam) is the connector and the fact that the bulb isn't blocked in front so you blind the other drivers.

attngtr

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Iowa
So the low beams are on all the time and the inside high beams come on when you hit the switch? Do the low beam side have 2 settings which they get brighter when the high beams are on?

attngtr

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Iowa
I figured it out someone had put a high beam light on the low side and had the 2 and 3 prong plug switched plus a few burned out lights. :lol:
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor