EBAY and Chinese Junk Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I am getting sick and tired of crap. Crap tools from China that only work once sometimes and people dumping sh*t that should be scrapped on EBAY. EBAY used to be good now its just a dumping for junk. The pictures are nice but when you get the part(s) they are sh*t..example: Back 1/4 Glass for my Regal. Buy Now. Don't want to screw around so purchase the glass for a decent price. Go put them on a car and they are crooked like the elephant man back and to top it off the friggin metal frame is broken going around the glass. Man if its junk just throw it away, instead re-boxing a turd.. :x

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
You have to take the bad with the good. There is a lot of stuff I couldn't afford if it weren't for the Chinese junk. I don't buy tools online unless it is a brand I trust or I know what I am going to get. Same with just about everything I buy online actually.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
I grew up as the son of a pro mechanic. When I worked on my bike as a kid, it was with Dad's Snap-On tools, so I'm a bit picky about the tools I use. I built my tool collection over the years the same way as the mechanics, paying the Snap On, Mac or Cornwell man weekly. When I assembled my "Road toolbox" for my Camino, I used eBay a lot. I buy only the pro quality, USA made stuff, and have done well on eBay. It takes some time, and you often wind up with duplicates or incomplete sets, but you can save a lot of $$ and still own stuff that will outlive you.

Bill

NY87SS

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2008
Palmyra, NY
Ah you must thank the free capitalistic society of the good ole USA and its hypocritical peoples.

We the people want everything we need, want etc for very little money yet we ask for the biggest wages, biggest benefit packages and so on and so fourth, which then leads to we can't afford what it is we make. So then we look elsewhere trying to find that bargain while other people are capitalizing by buying cheap Chinese knocks off and selling them at places like E-Bay, Harbor Freight and so on. And then we slam them, hammer them, swear at them for doing what our society bred, gotta love it!!!

Boldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2009
Massachusetts
Your local Snap On truck has plenty of tools on it that are Made in China. Where do you think Blue Point are made? They only claim Made in USA for tools labeled Snap On.

Guys buy Blue Point because its the same quality and lower price than Made in USA Snap On. Are Blue Point tools junk? , definitely not and they are Made in China.

Dont blame where they are made for the quality. Blame it on the greedy company who cuts quality for price, or cheap americans who kids themselves who think they can pay less but get the same quality.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
I've bought plenty of foreign made tools with no complaints... Like said above, you take the good with the bad and vice versa. I have a set of Ryobi 18V Impact and drill, and love them. I have a set of Makita Lithium 10.8 mini drill and impact, and I swear on my life these are the best drills for doing anything related to cars. Too much power and you will strip the screw, bolt or nut. These things are great. Where'd I buy them from? The local Mac tools guy. You can get them other places but because he will always work a deal out with me then it pays off. I bought an Ecotec oil filter socket off of eBay and it's held up for two years now. It doesn't even seem like it matters anymore what country the tools are made in, just the brand who makes them

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
There is a broad range of stuff coming from China. Some of it is actually designed by other companies and only manufactured in China where labor is cheaper. We design electronic stuff where I work and have it manufactured in China so that it is cheaper. There is nothing inferior about those products. Makita is actually a Japanese company and their tools are top notch. Some of their factories are in China but that are definitely not cheap Chinese tools. Then there are the Chinese clones. China is good about copying stuff that other people design. I know of a lot of stuff designed and sold by US or European countries that is top of the line quality and then China will clone it and sell i for next to nothing. In some cases, the Chinese clones is very good. Other times, it isn't. You just have to know what to look for. The good thing about Harbor Freight tools is that if they break they will give you a free replacement. Of course, you still have to drive to the store and get a replacement when you need to be working on something.

Eventually the cheap Chinese labor will dry up and USA will have to go back to manufacturing their own stuff. Who knows when that will be, though. Most likely it will occur after people here have been out of the manufacturing business so long that they don't know how to make anything. But, that will open doors for people who are in the business of setting up factories.

Bottom line is that it is a global economy these days. But from whoever you want and make sure you know what you are getting. No use in trying to avoid stuff made in China because practically EVERYTHING is made in China.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
The Chinese tools work most of the time. Main complaint is *ssh*les that sell broken sh*t on EBAY. If its junk through it away instead passing it around like Fruitcake at Christmas..Now I have to sell it to another sucker, and then he was see it sh*t and sell it again..

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
anakputa said:
The Chinese tools work most of the time. Main complaint is *ssh*les that sell broken sh*t on EBAY. If its junk through it away instead passing it around like Fruitcake at Christmas..Now I have to sell it to another sucker, and then he was see it sh*t and sell it again..

So, you get pissed when people sell broken sh*t, but you are going to do the exact same thing?

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
Not me, I just scrap if its junk. Just wish the other clowns out there would..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor