ebay headers-any good??? coated or stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have been seeing g body headers on ebay for some time, actually listed for a monte carlo but we all know its the same. they are several people selling ceramic coated, stainless steel and chrome ones, are any of these any good? they look to be high quality with thicker flanges and a very nice appearance. also whats best to use? coated or stainless?? i like the sound of both so far, are there pros and cons to each? i have heard of coated headers getting scratched up?? i am pretty sure chrome is a bad idea all together due to rust and trapped heat. has anyone on here used ebay headers??

heres a link to the ones i am considering, they have been selling them for at least a year or 2, i have been watching and waiting for details from users.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMARO-C ... enameZWDVW

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
chrome is not a good idea. stainless will change color. a GOOD ceramic coating job inside AND out is the best route. if it does get scratched you can polish it out.

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
go with the ceramic they last longer

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have read that the stainless will get a gold tint to it which can actually look very nice. ....

eddieb1969

Apprentice
Jul 5, 2008
Fort Payne , Alabama
I agree with them about the coated headers . They also reduce underhood temp . Their claim anyway ..... The thicker flanges are best , they dont warp and leak as easily . I didn't look at the link , but make sure they have the collectors . You can nickel and dime yourself to death if you are not careful .

eddieb1969

Apprentice
Jul 5, 2008
Fort Payne , Alabama
Dummy me.......... I just looked . They are nice for sure . Those laser cut flanges are badass . But i am still partial to ceramic . Then again i have never had stainless . So many choices , so little credit card left..........

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i have been reading online, it seems like stainless is a very good option but usually costs allot. i a thinking i might give them a try, for under 200 and the quality that they seem to be it think why not give them a try? keep the opinions and reasons coming!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i can attest to ceramic coating reducing the underhood temps. before i coated mine you couldn't put your hand anywhere near the tubes. now you can keep your hand right next to them, but do NOT touch them.. that stings a mite.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
ask them what type of stainless it is. there are a lot of alloys and some really suck, they're usually the cheap ones too. $200 is really low for stainless or coated.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Ceramics are always better cuz they keep heat away from the engine. You get a similar effect with stainless ones if you have a heat shield for them. Don't put just stainless ones on though, gotta cover them with something to keep your engine a little cooler.

They even make entire ceramic exhaust pipes/mufflers lol, I wouldn't waste money on that, but the coated headers definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor