eBay Limited Slips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the Eaton style LSDs that are on eBay? They're priced @ $260-$280 an Eaton @ Jegs is $500! So that's almost half off. I'm going to take a WAG here and say these are Chinese, but I read someone had a failure with an Eaton and it was Taiwanese which lately Chinese and Taiwanese quality haven't been too far apart.

I want to change my open 8.5" to an LSD (posi), is it possible to find factory GM units still? My truck is a 10 bolt with a "G80 locker" but the axles are the wrong spline count so I can't use one of those units, which I initially thought I could use (G80 is a 30 spline and the old 8.5 in the Olds is 28).

There's US Powertrain:
s-l400.jpg

and "Monkey Grip":
s-l400.jpg

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Quick performance has them for $355, I ordered one and it showed up in a Yukon box.

From what I gathered when I called quick, they have their import line, the yukon, and the OE eaton. That first one is from quick and is the import one. I was told by quick for a performance application don't bother with the cheap one.

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
You can use a truck carrier in your car, just need new 30 spline axles

• Agree
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The older trucks had 28 spline axles, 87 and older, I believe. The G80 factory locker is a Gov Bomb err Gov Lock, no good for performance but ok for a street driven truck, helped me through snow up to the bumper. I added a Gov Lock to my 94 Z71 which came with awesome double open diffs, a true terror of the trails:).

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor