Ecm harness and removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javi702

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2020
Las vegas
So what are the components on 1 2 & 3 on the ecm harness? Also do I even need my ecm? If not what is all included in the delete or do I just disconnect and I'm good to go? I want to get rid of all wiring that is not needed...p.s I'm not racing it just a lowrider cruiser so I want the engine bay to look clean as possible thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200627_135314.jpg
    20200627_135314.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 595

stuckincincy

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2011
Greater Cincinnati area
2 is the electronic spark control module, 3 is the manifold absolute pressure sensor and 1 looks like a relay. If your planning to go old school with a carb and simple vacuum distributor you can delete the ECM and wiring.

Reactions: 1 user

Javi702

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 4, 2020
Las vegas
2 is the electronic spark control module, 3 is the manifold absolute pressure sensor and 1 looks like a relay. If your planning to go old school with a carb and simple vacuum distributor you can delete the ECM and wiring.
Yea basically I'm plannin on just having a carb and distributer...but my question is do I just remove all the ecm components and I'm good? Or is there certain steps to the delete ?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You are much better off keeping everything intact than deleting the computer. Going old school reduces MPGs, reduces power, and costs alot of money.

• Agree

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Yea basically I'm plannin on just having a carb and distributer...but my question is do I just remove all the ecm components and I'm good? Or is there certain steps to the delete ?
You will need a non-computer carb and a non-computer distributor.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
As I just posted in your other thread .... If you're in Vegas, don't you have smogcheck? Not as bad as California, but I do think it limits what you can do to the point that it's not worth the cost and effort. Assuming you want to keep it street legal.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
This has been asked about and gone over so many times. Maybe someone should post a sticky on this topic. People keep coming in, apparently without bothering to do a search and find out how many threads there have been on this. And I for one keep biting .... :mrgreen:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Not really worried about mpg and how much power are u talking? Also what cost would I run into too?

Deleting the ECM requires a carb and dist swap along with a trans lockup control method, so a few 100 bucks. Most aftermarket carbs are Jack of all trades, master of none situation. Plus the computer control has better timing advance such as adaptive dwell and finer EGR control.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor