Edelbrock 1406 Turd (re)Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think its more so luck of the draw with Edelbrock carbs. Ive had 2 that have worked great but have a few friends that have had nothing but issues with theirs out of the box. If you have one that works well its a decent street/cruise carb. Any of my race cars had Holley's
Ya know, this thing had either been apart or assembled wrong at the factory. It was missing a needle valve and in its place was a check ball and weight that goes under the primary squirter assembly. It makes me wonder if there was a bad run with some meth head on the assembly line, or a shortage of needles with some genius Plant Manager saying "just use these, blah, blah, blah" as too why so many people hate them. I guess I'll find out when I start trying to make it run right.

Reactions: 1 user

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
i bought a edelbrock carb on my first engine build since the factory carb died. it lasted a couple of hours till i had to pull the top off to realize it had to leaking floats from the factory. then swapped 8 times trying to get a good one thru oreillys till i got my money back, then bought a 680 cfm hotrod series quickfuel carb and never had any issues since. only thing good about edelbrock is there intakes. they should quit making carbs. quickfuel the only company with actual good out of the box carbs.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
i bought a edelbrock carb on my first engine build since the factory carb died. it lasted a couple of hours till i had to pull the top off to realize it had to leaking floats from the factory. then swapped 8 times trying to get a good one thru oreillys till i got my money back, then bought a 680 cfm hotrod series quickfuel carb and never had any issues since. only thing good about edelbrock is there intakes. they should quit making carbs. quickfuel the only company with actual good out of the box carbs.
That may change now that Holley owns them. Yah, almost nothing negative said about the Quickfuel carbs.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I bought my quickfuel carb before they got bought out by Holley. Now the quickfuel efi setup I have also is when holley owned them. If I buy another carb it will be from Atm innovations which is a company of some of the guys who left quickfuel when holley bought them out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor