Edelbrock 1407 off idle bog

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Just put 1405 on my 305 and dealing with too much fuel too rich, came off a 390 Ford . Screws out barely over a turn, moved and bent the accelerator rod to the bottom hole, and waiting on springs and metering rods to come in as theyre dancing at idle.

How's that 600 running, any more seat time?

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Just put 1405 on my 305 and dealing with too much fuel too rich, came off a 390 Ford . Screws out barely over a turn, moved and bent the accelerator rod to the bottom hole, and waiting on springs and metering rods to come in as theyre dancing at idle.

How's that 600 running, any more seat time?
No, I am battling other issues right now, maybe clutch related, havent pin pointed it yet. It was running good tho. I think I will be happy with it. I had a 1406 on a 305 a few years back and it was great out of the box. Hopefully a spring change will help you out. If they are dancing at idle that will definitely make it rich. All 3 of my edelbrocks had incorrect float adjustments out of the box.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
No, I am battling other issues right now, maybe clutch related, havent pin pointed it yet. It was running good tho. I think I will be happy with it. I had a 1406 on a 305 a few years back and it was great out of the box. Hopefully a spring change will help you out. If they are dancing at idle that will definitely make it rich. All 3 of my edelbrocks had incorrect float adjustments out of the box.

This thing is super old and was very dirty. Didn't crack it open but cleaned it up and everything appears ok other than too much fuel. It woke the engine up. Wish I coukld offer help with the clutch issue but Ive only gotten in to one gm manual trans and barely remember. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
On the 1405 if you see fuel dripping from the booster at idle or any where else, it's an internal leak, most likely just a flood/overflow issue.

On an older carb and especially been sitting for a while, it needs opened and checked. Dirt accumulation, varnish, dry rot and even insects need removed.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
On the 1405 if you see fuel dripping from the booster at idle or any where else, it's an internal leak, most likely just a flood/overflow issue.

On an older carb and especially been sitting for a while, it needs opened and checked. Dirt accumulation, varnish, dry rot and even insects need removed.
No leaks from what I saw. It was drained and only sat for 2 months. What a difference though!

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Today's gas really gums up bad. If you take it apart to soak it, I always liked Barryman B12. Just don't use it on Enduroshine, it will destroy it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor