EFE VALVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone have an EFE valve that they are trying to get rid of? Have an 84 Cutlass Supreme, installed a new exhaust system custom made (by me) that sort of resembles the factory exhaust. However, the EFE valve was seized up and I threw it away years ago when I was going to do an engine swap. It has a 307 (VIN Y) and I need the valve to complete the exhaust. The original part number was 5233475. I am still running all of the smog equipment and the CCC system. If anyone has one or knows where to find one, I would appreciate the help.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If it seized up, it likely seized open, which is fine. If it seized closed, that would just be super-unlikely. Just would take longer for warmup on a cold day is all. An emissions thing. Anyway, sometimes finding these things aren't so easy 40 years after the car was built.

Your options are limited. Just ensure it's the 2-hole mounting version for an Olds (see below). Pontiac and some Chevies, I think, uses a 3-hole unit which WILL NOT FIT an Olds V8. Good luck.

1585835091_143f4a6aabb373b593e575f73d596d48c2ff69df.jpeg

87-vin-y-exhaust-pipe-boltup-jpg.122547

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

gbodysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 26, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, that's it. 2-bolt. It's really hard to find these cars in junkyards around here since they all rusted out 25 years ago. I don't really care if it's there or not, but my crossover pipe won't work without it

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Yeah, that's it. 2-bolt. It's really hard to find these cars in junkyards around here since they all rusted out 25 years ago. I don't really care if it's there or not, but my crossover pipe won't work without it
An option if you find another seized up one would be to "gut" it by removing the flapper & shaft. Then I cleaned up & tapped the shaft hole to plug with a stainless bolt or set screw. Use a high temp JB Weld or simular product to lock the plug in. I did this to a few junk ones to work as a spacer in place of the valve.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor