EFI swap with drive update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
We have 2 FI tech's on cars now. One won't start cold, one won't start hot some times. Don't know if this will be any better will let you know shortly. Have alot of wire to remove from TPI hope to start on late today or tomorrow.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Would you be willing to sell the TPI setup?

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
The first thing I thought when I saw your pic was, "Damn, that's a big air cleaner!" Lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Didn't get to spend much time on it today. Hopefully get to try a start it tomorrow. There was alot of wire that had to come out, before the new goes in.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I'm definitely interested in seeing how it turns out and if its worth doing.since I've wanted to convert to efi on my daily driver El Camino for a while now just can't justify the cost of a efi setup and everything for the fuel tank to convert it from a nicely tuned quickfuel carb setup.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I've been wanting to go with Fitech for about a year now and it just seems like for the price of the unit + the fuel system upgrades...I'd almost be better off saving more money and getting a used LS motor in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor