EFI swap with drive update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
The car was set up speed density, had nothing to do with a maf, or a K&N filter. Sometimes one needs very little excuse to try something different.
Nice avatar pic! When running the stealth ram I had WOT issues...never figured it out before the motor crapped out on me.
Agreed on minimal excuses, I ran a 650 speed demon for years and it ran awesome! However, the lure of gaining 60+hp by swapping to EFI made it easy to change. Add in the WOW factor at shows when nobody around here had seen such a setup made it fun! I actually had a guy how much power my "supercharger" added LOL!

Reactions: 2 users

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Nice avatar pic! When running the stealth ram I had WOT issues...never figured it out before the motor crapped out on me.
Agreed on minimal excuses, I ran a 650 speed demon for years and it ran awesome! However, the lure of gaining 60+hp by swapping to EFI made it easy to change. Add in the WOW factor at shows when nobody around here had seen such a setup made it fun! I actually had a guy how much power my "supercharger" added LOL!
Thanks on avatar, when get it completely done I will take a better pic. Always wanted a tune port since they come out, had one, now it's time for something new. I have no limiting factors on what I do for a engine now within reason.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Thanks on avatar, when get it completely done I will take a better pic. Always wanted a tune port since they come out, had one, now it's time for something new. I have no limiting factors on what I do for a engine now within reason.
I actually bought a TPI setup, realized how many vacuum issues could arise since my cousin had a firebird drivetrain in his S10, kept the ECU and sold everything. Bought the stealthram intake, and went crazy from there! I ran the stealthram for 5ish years, now it's LS boost time(I always wanted to turbo something, can't wait until I have the snails!).
Btw, the look of the gold throttle body is cool! It definitely looks different from all the other throttle body efi units!

Reactions: 1 user

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Thanks I like it also. Really wanted the hard core gray. But with the drop base and that big pretty purple lid on there you can't see it anyway.

Reactions: 1 users

Timothy Kennedy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 18, 2017
It looks great. Good luck with it

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
20170729_195702.jpg
Got air cleaner lid back today. 063 light camel poly. It looks better than purple or gold.

• Winner

ldr

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2016
Sarcoxie, MO
Drive update on Holley Sniper EFI. Took car for a maiden drive last night with new set up. Drove 136 miles in hills, curves, stop and go traffic car got 17.9 mpg and tune was still a little on the rich side. Over all happy with this setup so far. I feel its only going to get better.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor