Eibach Pro-kit springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Does anyone have the pro-kit on there g-body? I had some installed on my cutlass, and it looks like the back end sits lower than it should. I thought the progressive rate of the rear coils would make it stiffer in the back. Not to mention they are supposed to lower the front 1" and the back 0.8". Anyone have the same results or is there something messed up here? I should mention it's only got the 3.8L, could that make it a little lighter in the front and be jacking it up a little? They are supposed to be for the V6 and V8.
Thanks

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Mine is *ss up and nose down with an Iron headed SBC V8. If you have a V6, it will not work right with those springs. It will on a turbo car, but turbo cars have a huge cast Iron turbo and it's piping to make up some of the weight. Also, if you have removed the A/C or it never had it that would also affect it.

With the V6, my Cutlass was rated at 3200-3300 lbs. A V8 MCSS typically weighs 3400-3600 lbs stock. You may need to trim the springs by 1/2-2 coils to get the nose down with the V6.

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
Here is my SS from when I had just the Eibachs installed.

496118_66_full.jpg

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
I'm going out on a limb here, but any chance you have a picture of your springs before you intstalled them. I have a feeling I was sent the wrong rear springs. Here is a picture of mine:
120_2087.jpg

120_2083.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor