El Camino Aftermarket Front Bumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmtofd

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2015
I see you had your rear bumper rechromed I don't know what year your Malibu is but opgi is showing rear bumpers for Malibu's in their catalog with my Caballero as I said I installed two new bumpers from Dixie Restorations about 4 months ago my car is a daily driver and it was used all winter so far so good time will tell if the Chrome hold up you can check out my showcase pics to take a look I'm not sure how well you can inspect the bumpers but they're interesting pics of my restoration good luck with yours
Thanks for the response, based on your mention of a rear bumper now being available, checked OPGI and for model yrs '78-'83 the pic shows the El Camino/ Malibu wagon bumper. The listing states for "El Camino/ Malibu", but they are referring to Malibu wagon. Noticed the front bumper going for $279. The plater charged me $550, the guy is local and chrome finish is in IMHO, dazzling although the plater guy said it its not show chrome quality. But, it has not yet been exposed to the Jersey weather, as I'm holding off on the install until after I change the body mounts. I asked the guy about protecting the finish and he said to keep applying liquid car wax. I also applied a couple of coats of POR 15 paint to the inside of the bumper. Anyway good luck with yours and keep wax on them, Tony.

Reactions: 1 user

Fnlowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2020
Myrtle beach
Thanks for the response, based on your mention of a rear bumper now being available, checked OPGI and for model yrs '78-'83 the pic shows the El Camino/ Malibu wagon bumper. The listing states for "El Camino/ Malibu", but they are referring to Malibu wagon. Noticed the front bumper going for $279. The plater charged me $550, the guy is local and chrome finish is in IMHO, dazzling although the plater guy said it its not show chrome quality. But, it has not yet been exposed to the Jersey weather, as I'm holding off on the install until after I change the body mounts. I asked the guy about protecting the finish and he said to keep applying liquid car wax. I also applied a couple of coats of POR 15 paint to the inside of the bumper. Anyway good luck with yours and keep wax on them, Tony.
Good luck my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor