El Camino front and back bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
I am not sure what to do and was hoping you guys could guid me on what to do. I have the original bumpers that come on the car from the factory from 86 and it has a lot of scratches over the years and there is a film on it. It als has the impact stript and the square block in the middle. So Should I get them rechromed or just buy new ones?

Also the film I could not get off with scratching it with my fingernail. So I am not sure what to do. Also sorry, but I do not have pictures of the bumper right now since it is at the show.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Tuggy24g said:
I am not sure what to do and was hoping you guys could guid me on what to do. I have the original bumpers that come on the car from the factory from 86 and it has a lot of scratches over the years and there is a film on it. It als has the impact stript and the square block in the middle. So Should I get them rechromed or just buy new ones?

Also the film I could not get off with scratching it with my fingernail. So I am not sure what to do. Also sorry, but I do not have pictures of the bumper right now since it is at the show.

I personally would have them re chromed

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think having the bumpers rechromed might be your best bet.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Re-chroming bumpers (what they call "triple chrome", i.e., nickel plated then copper plated then chromed) is around $650 per bumper. They will look great. Therefore, it's up to you and your budget. For my 83GP I got them re-chromed and I'm not sorry I did that. Make sure you find a reputable re-chromer to do the work properly, including nicely polishing the end product.

Good luck!

Andry

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor