El Camino lean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuttin up

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2010
Powhatan, VA
When I lowered my wagon I had a crazy lean in the rear, about 1/2 inch. I found that UMI makes a shim kit to correct it. That did the trick.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would park it on a flat surface and check the ground clearance at the front end and rear end of the C channel on both sides, that will tell you if the lean is caused by the suspension or the body isn't sitting level. Make sure all your tires have the same pressure.

Last edited:

85gbody

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2010
Long Beach, Cali.
Sorry couldn't snap some pics fellas, but it seems like you guys already know what Im talking about. I have not looked over the body bushings but as far as the front suspension, thats already be all replaced as well. This weekend I will sit it on jack stands, level and check some measurements. I doubt the frame is warped as well. Hopefully its an easy fix. Hell, I even thought about using a spring spacer but rather see what is the actual cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor