Elctric bucket seat made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbodypartsguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 1, 2014
80s bucket seat made to be elctric powered seat now whats you think?
20181018_153734.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I did both of my Curello buckets in my Monte using GM power bases and I like the idea of making them power but I think I would have fabbed up a plate to mount the control farther rearward or maybe mounted it on the front, also you only need to cut an X in the material behind the unit otherwise it pulls out if you cut a rectangle. IMO
Those seats definitely look comfy.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
This brings up a question I had. I eventually want to put a power driver’s side bucket for my wagon. So just a power base is needed? I can get a non-power frame/seat and attach it to a power base?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
This brings up a question I had. I eventually want to put a power driver’s side bucket for my wagon. So just a power base is needed? I can get a non-power frame/seat and attach it to a power base?
Yes, you just need the power base and whatever seats you use can be adapted and then you have to find a spot to mount the control unit.
I had to pull up the upholstery on my Curello's and then mounted an aluminum plate underneath to support the controller.
I had to mount mine on the front because of roll bar clearance issues.
IMG_2136.JPG

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 user

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017

As long as you have a 60-40 seat arrangement. If you have a bench seat, you'll have to install inner seat mounts in order install bucket seats.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017

Attachments

• Piture 311.jpg
    Piture 311.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 126
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor