Electric fuel pumps w return lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I run a fuel log w/ a regulator at the end of it which bypasses the fuel to the tank - fuel is constantly flowing. Are you running an air gap intake??
IMG_4493_039.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
experiencing fuel boil I believe making it really difficult in traffic..
I am curious do you have your carb mounted to your intake with just a thin gasket in between?
If so I have found that phenolic carb spacers do the best job of isolating heat from the carburetor, I use Jomar spacers on every engine I build regardless of power output just to avoid problems.
http://www.jomarperformance.com/spacers.php

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Thanks- been a while but, no, I don't... Just got back on the car and it runs rough, not sure if it's the fuel boiling(was only 75 degrees today, even cooler tonight) and the car idles poorly and I really have to rev it to pull away from a light...

Could this still be fuel boil if it wasn't temp hot outside? We opened up the rear of the cowl to let air/heat escape.. Just today got it back

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I think you have some other issues going on here. Unsure what you mean by runs rough and it should idle good. Check your firing order and make sure your carb is setup properly for starters.

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
i check for a vacuum leak- car was running better, there's only 700 miles in it since completion, now it idles like crap, hard starting, etc.... I'll see this first... Thx guys

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
We are putting a different/known to be good carb on it tomorrow... Then we'll pull some plugs- know the firing order is fine as car ran well and then started running rough, then had to gas it hard w 4 speed to not stall it...
Thought there might've been fuel boil or vapor lock as this has happened before but when hot out side.
This am it wouldn't start and stay running at all without me working gas pedal- hard...
The engine builder already had to once change floats in the "new" carb- disappointing..
I hope it's just the carb, but then that doesn't look to good for the engine builder saying this was a new carb as part of his charge originally

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, the reason I suggested a vacuum leak (and am still leaning that way) is that if you have an air leak, the engine will want more fuel causing you do play with the pedal to feed it. More details are needed- what carb? what intake (I've had a problem with the valley angle being wrong on a new Ebrock)?
You could have a leak in the intake gasket that wouldn't show from the top side of the engine... Smell the oil. If it's got gas in it, that will be your tell.
It's hard to be a mechanic on the computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor