Emissions Got Me Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear the area around your throttle linkage and take a picture for us :!:

Well, didnt get a pic but i can tell you that the linkage is resting on the base idle screw. It was running at probly 4k RPM's and without the engine running i went and tapped all over the carb, not real lightly, with the handle of a screwdriver. Went back and cranked it up and its idling fine. So what does that tell me? When i tap on the carb whatever the problem was quit. Maybe like i thought in my first post... Stuck Float?

sarends said:
I did happen to notice while i was watching the carb with breather off, no matter how much gas i give the car sitting still there the secondary butterfly never would open up. I thought i saw it twitch but never opened. Is that how its supposed to work?

Yes they will not open up unless the engine is under load.

CHRIS.O said:
sarends said:
I did happen to notice while i was watching the carb with breather off, no matter how much gas i give the car sitting still there the secondary butterfly never would open up. I thought i saw it twitch but never opened. Is that how its supposed to work?

Yes they will not open up unless the engine is under load.

Ok, so is there a way to change that so that it will open when i tell it to, at say, idk maybe WOT. Im guessing its vacuum controlled, can it be manually controlled by linkage or something?

Just get rid of the carb already. Your gonna pull your hair out screwing around with it. As far as making them open, no I dont think so. They are vaccum secondaries. Well actually I believe they are mechanical but they have two sets of butterflies, the top ones open under vaccum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor