Engine-AC-Heater Wiring for 85 El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thanks! I would like to take that route. The AC/Heater box was in pitiful shape. Besides needing major repairs, each component needed replacement. So...we install a delete panel next. Time...and patience...seems be have trumped the complete rewire thought.
Still have to wire the motor. Still going to have a bunch of unused wires in the original harness. Trust me. Its easier to do now than later. This is what I started with. It was a pain in the butt but a lot of the original wires needed to go.

IMG_0108.jpg

K-Toe

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 11, 2021
Still have to wire the motor. Still going to have a bunch of unused wires in the original harness. Trust me. Its easier to do now than later. This is what I started with. It was a pain in the butt but a lot of the original wires needed to go.

View attachment 172186
Yep...my mess of wires look similar. They were bagged to make painting easier. I have ZERO experience in rewiring a car!

I do...appreciate the nudge! Soooo much on the to-do list! I already have the Sniper EFI to install. Next on my list was to update the guage cluster, the interior along with a new paint job, and...NONE...are cheap! I will give rewiring serious thought!

Attachments

• 20210403_224521.jpg
    20210403_224521.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor