ENGINE IDENTIFICATION HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
HERE'S THE FUNNY PART.YEARS AGO A GUY OWED ME MONEY SO HE GAVE ME A BLOCK, CRANK, RODS AND PISTONS WITH
A PETE JACKSON GEAR DRIVE. SO I PULLED THE BLOCK OUT AND IT HAD THE SAME CASTING NUMBER. SO I JUST TOOK A PICTURE OF THAT BLOCK. AGAIN THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I ORDER THE RIGHT PARTS FOR THIS
BLOCK. NOT JUST GUESS.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
There are a few things you will need to know about. It uses a 2 piece seal crank, and the big difference is I think 1980 and up used the thick seal between the pan and timing cover. So you want to make sure that you keep those straight. Many people try putting them together with the wrong gasket for the pan they have. Otherwise, you have a pre 86, 2 piece rear seal 350 block, and you can build it any way you want. I have a 1970 4 bolt 003970010 casting block sitting in my garage awaiting a 383 project for the malibu.

Reactions: 1 users

WBOWERS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2018
Wayne, Michigan
I AM NOW RESEARCHING THE BEST CAM THAT I DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE SPRINGS.. TRYING TO BE BUDGET FRIENDLY
WITH THIS BUILD. BLOCK WILL BE OFF TO THE MACHINE SHOP SOON. I'M GOING TO CHASE THREADS ON ALL HOLE IN BLOCK.
THEN SEND IT OUT. THANK YOU AGAIN. FIRST CHEVY ENGINE. I'VE DONE SMALL STUFF AND MY OLDS BUT THIS IS FIRST 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor