CUTLASS Engine Mounts ?

RICKDIZZLE

Master Mechanic
Sep 16, 2014
Looking for a good lasting engine mounts. I have gone through a couple sets of the oem style rubber mounts. Looking for my 1985 Cutlass with a 3.8 for an engine. If you could post links of your recommendations, that would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Get some polys for a turbo car. Same GM p/n fits those as it does yours. They're probably stronger, I don't know. Unless you can find GM ones. And even then, those are pricey as well. Sometimes even more expensive than the polys. A lot of street driven TRs run poly on driver side, normal on passenger side to minimize vibrations, and also use a torque strap.

They used to run different part numbers on each side. Don't know the difference, but then, they said that 22188876 fit both sides. Who knows?

The parts place claims they have NOS mounts for 249/set, but I have no idea.

For a set of poly mounts, seems a lot of turbo guys get their mounts here or if you want to pay more for them, HRPartsnstuff. Appears to be the same mounts but I don't live in the Turbo world, so hopefully some TR guys can step in here and advise further.

I recall centuries ago, when I was a kid, my dad traded his old red/white 63 Ford truck (prior life as the local Western Auto Store company vehicle) straight up to some guy in town for a light blue metallic 66 Bel Air 2-door sedan with a 396. It was only a couple years' old at the time. GM had a recall on them for the dealer to add a torque cable strap to the driver's head to frame because of driver side motor mount failures. It was a cool old car that would get up and fly. I always thought that thing could never find a top end. We dubbed it "the Monster" because it was scary to ride in when my dad mashed the gas pedal. Recommended premium fuel, so my dad got tired of paying the 50 cents or whatever more per tankful for the good stuff and traded it in on a used, red and white 1970 CST Chevy Truck with a 350 4 bbl. I found out later the CST was kinda the top trim of the GM truck world back then.

The Monster looked exactly like this. This is not the car, obviously, but it's a spittin' image. Hubcaps and all.
5ujBBA2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor