Engine pull question

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Pull them at the same time but be sure to plug the output shaft or you will have a mess.
I have a few different yokes just for that occasion.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Thanks for the help guys, transmission is out. Went pretty smooth. Engine hoist should be here soon.

GbodyJunky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 4, 2022
pull together, I recall pulling a v6 from an '83 MC and the passenger side motor mount is slotted because the fuel pump is in the way of removing the motor mount bolt. hopefully save you some time.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
When I did my powertrain swap, I pulled the V6 and TH200 out together. Dropped the 305 and TH2004R in together with a floor jack and piece of plywood as a trans holder. Through I had the hood removed from the car to do this.

Reactions: 1 user

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Seriously buy yourself the load leveler from harbor freight and install the motor and trans as one unit. There is nothing I despise more than trying to put the bellhousing bolts in once the motor is in the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Thanks guys all set. Pulled motor and trans separately (as outlined in post #1) had very little room to work with. All went well though.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor