Epilogue on Soffseal door weatherstrips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Used the wagon to run to the store this afternoon, when I opened the rear door, I was greeted with this

SAM_1850.JPG

No, they were not caught in the latch, they shrunk almost an inch in that short span in less than 3 years. These POS weatherstrips have never fit well, and in no way were they better than the old crusty originals. They never sealed fully, I actually get more dirt intrusion through these than the originals.

I used Soffseal roofrail weatherstrips on my old coupe, and had no complaints. I have set for the current project, and now I'm wondering how that's going to go.

BTW, Soffseal really has no interest in speaking with/dealing with consumers, and pushed it all off on the vendor (Mike's Montes) who replaced the improperly packaged rears with no questions asked. Shame that the manufacturer cares less about customer satisfaction than the vendor.

Hoping Metro does a better job than Soffseal....assuming I keep the wagon

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have Metro T top seals, the first set was inporperly made, Metro replaced them no issue, second set of T top seals were better but still didn't cover the A piller. I had made the first set work for a about 5 years and when I installed the second set and noticed the problem Metro just wanted the paperwork for the replacement set they sent me and warrantied that set as well. I looked at the 3rd set and they appear to be good so I will put them on this year is I have time.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I would gladly pay twice the price of this cheap carp for something that was actually given enough care to make it correctly and function as original. The industry seems to be full of "that's close enough" mentality. Really questioning whether this is the right hobby for me anymore. I get enough aggravation on the new stuff I fix at work, sure don't need more in my limited leisure time.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the Metro seals seem to be a good quality and they did fit good except for the area on top of the A pillar. I liked how they back up their product and warranty the seals for 15 years from date of purchase.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Buy one of these and call it a day. It has good seals.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If I had that kind of coin, I'd be driving a badass G body, maybe a Rallye 350 again (I like weird stuff) or both

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor