Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I took a run up to Lincoln, NE chasing a Malibu. The truck was jetted for Santa Fe (6000 feet), so rolling downhill, the 400SBC/TH400 got almost 20 mpg. Car was a rust bucket. But, on the return trip, saw Blues Traveler at Red Rocks with the July 4 fireworks throughout the second set!

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Willin'.....been to Tucson, Tucumcari, Tehachepe and Tonopah.
IMG_20191005_134857_01~2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Smart to walk away but what a disappointment. That would have been a cool project if it had been what was advertised.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Doesn't really feel like I got much done this week. Got the Muncie swapped back in the Smell Camino. Now the A833 is out so I can clean it up and prep it for sale. Need to get the other A883 out of my pickup and the TKO installed too so I can list all 3 at the same time.
20200116_163451.jpg

I'm also planning to ride the OBDR in July with a couple buddies and hopefully my brother too. Ordered up some stuff for the TWs that showed up this afternoon. When the rest of it gets delivered I'll dig into them.
20200117_155410.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Shade stretching out from Shadow Mountain. I spent all day down in the bottom pasture area trimming trees and burning. Used up 2 chains on my little Homelite but got enough done for the day. We had a few days of rain recently followed by some sun and warmer temps so the fields are getting green and the trees are starting to bud out. I'll have a lot of grounds keeping in the next couple weeks. Cattle grazing in the corn stubble across the draw.

Reactions: 8 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Sharpened all 3 chains this morning then went down to do a little more trimming. Then I focused on the super crappy fence that the previous owner put up. Its a creative mixture of orange bailing twine, barbed wire, chicken wire, hog panels, and bailing wire with plenty of vegetation woven in for good measure. This section runs about 130' and I still have 50' left to take down. Then, more tree work.

When I bought the place there was what was supposed to be an irrigation runoff ditch that ran through those trees. It was actually just a swamp. I've run a new ditch 6-8' to the east so I'll be filling in this low ground to try to level it out. In the future I'll be adding some evergreens into the mix so that I can eventually get rid of most of the willows and other scrubby brush.

Somewhat unrelated note: Remember a few years back when I was working on that guy's car collection? He's approached me about building him a '66-'67 Nova resto-mod. The example he gave was a Barrett Jackson car that sold for $110k and he's fully aware of what a build like that costs . I'm tempted but it's a pretty huge project, although my current job situation does give me the flexibility to do something like that. We need to talk some more but it's a possibility.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Love these updates.

I'd contemplate the Nova, but it really depends on what you start with.

-Gonz

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Like I said, I need to talk specifics with him. My dad may be involved too and we'd really only be building it. No body, paint, or interior. He's a pretty cool guy but has high standards. His daily driver at his Hawaii house was a 427 Cobra for a while. I went back and found a couple that I worked on for him.

Reactions: 3 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor