Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The GMC developed a gremlin. It would randomly lose Vref for the TPS and EGR. I couldn't seem to find the exact break point in the harness so I just ran another parallel wire and tapped both ends of the circuit. Then put it to work.

Things are happening.

Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Ahh, the desert 'Geraniums' in the foreground. I have tugged at many a tap root and lost.

I really hate the goat head plants, though. Hope the salt idea works on them.

1600556876763.png

Nice find, that truck, even if you had to spend some diagnosis time on it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Your name is more polite than mine -- I call them field herpes. Believe it or not there's no goatheads in that picture, just regular weeds. I've managed to keep that area clean so far. There's a section at the top of the hill I'm still fighting as well as a nasty patch about 100' beyond where the truck is parked. I absolutely hate them. I'm hoping with enough irrigation and grazing I can keep them in check and eventually eradicate them completely.

The salt idea was mainly for the driveway and parking area. I cribbed the idea from this guy.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Your placed your shop is in a nice shady corner. That will make it more pleasant in the summer. Just need a swamp cooler for the hottest days.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'll be interested to see how hot and cold it gets since it's insulated. The trees don't really shade it much past noon but they keep it out of sight from the highway. I'll be planting a couple trees to the west that will eventually make some shade.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I'll be interested to see how hot and cold it gets since it's insulated. The trees don't really shade it much past noon but they keep it out of sight from the highway. I'll be planting a couple trees to the west that will eventually make some shade.

The slab will really help regulate the temperature inside too. My friend's 40x60 is insulated and it's nicest inside if you keep it closed up. Has heat but no AC, doesn't need it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Idaho reality check: There's an absolute feeding frenzy here right now. My neighbors across the road just listed their house for $454k. The listed history shows they paid 189k 6 years ago. My neighbor just sold the rocky, barren 15 acres behind me for 320k. My dad looked into the property a year ago and it had no well or water rights. I looked at this place before I bought mine. It was $285 at the time. $639 today. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Marsing_ID.
The guy to the NE of me just applied for a zoning variance to divide his 50 acres into 4 building lots. Given current values, I expect them to list at $300k+ each.

I guess it's time for me to plant some privacy trees.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Hope that for that 1/4 mill plus you managed to acquire the water and mineral rights as well. The mineral ones can be the hardest to gain title to as there is always some company lurking around that wants to prospect for something they can rape the land of.

Nick

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Hope that for that 1/4 mill plus you managed to acquire the water and mineral rights as well. The mineral ones can be the hardest to gain title to as there is always some company lurking around that wants to prospect for something they can rape the land of.

Nick
Me? I've got water rights. Didn't pay anywhere near that when I bought in. Everything is for sale though. I planned to die on this hill, but given the way things are going, i could probably be persuaded to move along. It's insanity. Screw you, California.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor