Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Almost everything is moved down to the shop now. I finally built some shelves so I could get the odds and ends up off the floor.

Just need to pull the vehicles out and pressure wash the floor and I'm ready for winter.
What is your opinion on the Epoxy floor coatings for the garage or shop? Also, maybe the wrong thread, but why did you go with a pole barn instead of a slab with a metal building on it? I'm a neophyte on this stuff but trying to get educated. With your frost line a building on slab may not be feasible. It's just what I'm used to down here.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My experience with epoxy floors is years back in production shop settings. They didn't hold up well. I'm sure that they've probably improved over the last decade or two. I think they look really nice but the first scrape or tread stain would kill me. I'll be just fine with seasoned semi-slick concrete.
Steel on slab would be nice and there are plenty around here. The reason I went polebarn was mainly cost. If I could afford stick built, that would have been my first choice. As it is now, I think it'll be fine. I may come back later and put in a ceiling and blow-in insulation above it but it's all insulated now. I'll have to work a couple years down there to see if it's good enough as-is.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It's fall.
20201015_185519.jpg
20201015_185607.jpg

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Nov 4, 2012
Nice view and nice steaks. I don't deer hunt but I've been hounding my buddies that go out for some venison steaks.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My brother was in town this weekend and brought some materials to help me out. This morning I yanked all the headlights out of the dailies.

I hauled them all over to my dad's shop and got to sanding. 600, 800, 1000 wet. Then he shot some cheap clear over everything. It was a balmy 55 degrees in there so I'm going to let them rest overnight and slap them all together in the morning.

• Useful
Reactions: 6 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just some cheap clear coat that you'd use on a budget paint job. He's been doing this at his shop and swears by it. The Venza had never been touched but the Vibes were both sanded and polished a couple years ago. None were horrible but they were all foggy. This should help.

BTW, we used that sweet purple $9.99 HF gun I bought for the trailer repaint. Worked fine.

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Headlights look good. The headlights on the Subaru are just starting to get hazy. It's 5 years old with just about 100,000 miles on it, I guess that's par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor