Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Me? I've got water rights. Didn't pay anywhere near that when I bought in. Everything is for sale though. I planned to die on this hill, but given the way things are going, i could probably be persuaded to move along. It's insanity. Screw you, California.
Be very glad you locked in your slice of paradise.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
No kidding. The only thing going up faster than real estate is guns and ammo values. Too bad I cashed out before the market went nuts. At least I've still got 911.

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It's happening everywhere. We're going 40 miles north of here later today to look at land. Dad moved here in 83 and it was a suburb then. Now there is no distinction between it and the big city.

I hope it doesn't get too crowded for you.

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I can see it now. Escape from the escape from the prison planet.

Same thing is happening here - lots of people leaving the cities and the suburban/rural values are sky rocketing.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It won't likely change my world too much, other than property taxes going up more. I doubt a normal person would build a house directly right on top of me, although if the buyers are from California logic and consideration are probably not part of the equation. The guy to the NE who is subdividing (also a prick from California) was previously trying to sell the 50 acres as a 25 lot subdivision. If I have to look at rooftops I'd rather they be 4 nice ones than 25 crappy ones.
It's all just first world stuff. I'm not quite ready to bolt yet. But I'll probably need to plant more trees.

On a side note, my neighbor Jack stopped by yesterday while I was moving stuff down to the shop. He's been keeping a low profile since March and I haven't talked to him in at least 2-3 months but we have been exchanging long distance waves. He said he had been hiding out from the virus but he and his wife got it anyway. Mostly just felt like sh*t and had a hard time catching his breath if he worked too hard. He said he still managed to split and stack 8 cords of firewood and said the more time he spent in the sun and fresh air, the better he felt. Pretty tough dude at 82 years old.

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Gotta love when Californication infects a nice area & turns it into an over priced/taxed cesspool. Shame there isn't a ready (legal) cure or repellent for that infection.

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You mean build another wall? :sneaky: Hey, I'm a political refugee myself so I try to take it on a case by case basis. My experience has been about a 50/50 split with half being like me and wanting the area to stay exactly like it is. Unfortunately, the other half shows up with a pile of cash and thinks they can "fix" everything. Oh well, can't stop progress. I'll just keep doing my thing and try to be a good neighbor.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
We have intruders on a smaller scale- DC suburbanites coming to the country. They want things like lines on the road, stop signs,traffic lights, and lower speed limits. It's extremely annoying.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Almost everything is moved down to the shop now. I finally built some shelves so I could get the odds and ends up off the floor.

Just need to pull the vehicles out and pressure wash the floor and I'm ready for winter.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor