Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I know, lame mommy car, blah blah blah.

IDK about that... the last one proved reliable and (more importantly) safe.

when they first came out, I actually liked the styling, it was just so different than what was on the lots at the time. other than the shifter in a odd spot, I think the interior looks good.

Reactions: 5 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
My wife has a new RAV4 for 2 reasons: I can't work on it and refuse to drive a hybrid. It has to be one of the worst riding vehicles outside of a CJ Jeep. That thing sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Sorry to see that accident. Hope the Mrs. is feeling better. Good call on the ortho, you don't want to mess around with neck and back issues.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
The Venza is kind of an odd duck, for sure. It shared the platform with the Lexus RX and was supposed to fill the spot of a Camry wagon. They were always compared to the Subaru Outback and Honda Crosstour in the press when they came out. The last one really was a good car. Aside from one set of tires and a bunch of oil changes, the only thing I can recall having to do to it was replace a belt tensioner at @ 150k. I always thought it was a little thirsty for a (181hp) 4cyl but not horrible. 25-26mpg running 75 on the freeway. It'd get over 30 if we kept it under 65. Power was adequate but the 6speed would really hunt if I was towing my dad's box trailer. The new one has a (268hp) V6 so I expect the obvious differences.
I think the target audience was really empty-nesters over soccer moms. They really shine on road trips, especially if you are riding in the back seat. Huge amount of leg room and reclining rear seats. This one has the PanoRoof, which is a dual sunroof/moonroof combo. I actually didn't want this option and will likely never open it. The car was just too clean otherwise to walk away from.

BTW fleming442, the current generation Venza shares the drivetrain with your wife's Rav4. Different suspension though. All of the new Venzas are AWD hybrids with an all electric rear drive and they claim 39mpg. What is she getting with hers?

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I think you will like the V6. That paired with the 6 speed and wifeys car scoots pretty dang good. Friend with a Venza steered me straight to the V6 when I was looking. Tried to get my wife into a Venza but she had trouble getting in and out ( short people problems ) so we settled on the Camry over the 3.6r Legacy I wanted.... Enough about me. Glad to see she is back in the saddle !

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I always liked the Venza/Crosstour/Outback class of cars, the slightly less-mainstream crossovers.

Oh yeah, the Outback. It... still exists.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I bought a 2013 Traverse a month ago for the wife. (Minivan!) She hauls the kids most of the time and needs to be reliable. It replaced the 2007 Acadia I had for her. Would not be my first choice. I could probably afford a new one but, I don't like those kind of payments. The wife doesn't really car as long as it is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor