Here's the long answer; It's common practice to prehang a construction door in place of the final door. This is done for two reasons. 1, because builders are often poor planners and impatient. The final door may be a special order and a few weeks out. And 2, people in the construction field are destructive chimps who would most certainly beat the sh*t out of the final door. Construction doors are sacrificial.
"Back in my day" I would always try to get contractors to install the frame (often with sidelights and a transom) using the final door to ensure that everything was hung square, then they could swap in the construction door and store the final off-site until final trim-out. The second door shop I set up did quite a bit of high end work with some entry units selling in excess of $20k so the contractors were pretty particular.
The problem with my unit is that it was installed using a construction door, which are frequently not perfectly square. I voiced my concerns at the time. When the final door showed up it was Hemlock (even though BMC was calling it Fir) and missing the shelf. BMC screwed up the order. I know that because I was standing at their counter with my builder when we ordered the doors. It really looked okay but was nothing like what I or so I offered to accept it if they'd sell it to me at cost. They declined so it was in place for 5 months while the next one was on order. The next one came in with raised panels and ovolo sticking. It also came with square top lights. Mostly wrong but I accepted it. However, once installed it had a pretty uneven top reveal (The Hemlock door actually fit pretty well). In an effort to fix the reveal, it got much, much worse. Door #4 was ordered. It came in yesterday with arched lights, square sticking, and the dentil shelf. It's actually what I ordered the first time. We'll see if the installer can make it fit right. At this point I'm not optimistic.
I know, first world problems.
Next 3 days forecast rain and possible snow on Monday so I spent the day working to clean up the yard and pasture area down where the old house was. Mostly burned stuff and fought with the BroHauler. It would start but only run at idle for a while and die if I gave it any throttle. Finally it popped back through the carb once and started running great. So I hitched my dad's trailer to it and rounded up a few loads of tumble weeds to burn.
Still a ton of work to do. The wind started to kick up a bit and I just kind of ran out of steam so I ran the trailer back to my dad and took the Indian for a little ride.
We'll see if I get anything accomplished during the rainy days.
Looking ahead to riding season. The mailman really delivered today.
Heavy duty skid plates for the TWs (Marc is coming to visit in a couple months).
The mount brackets and chrome eyebrows showed up to mount the saddlebags (set #2).