Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I started out my day yesterday with a trip to Redneck trailer for replacement springs. Then to D&B for fencing tools, then because I'm an idiot in need of more projects, to HF for a trailer kit. When I finally got home I slid the trailer boxes under the partially open garage door and went inside.
Once I finally pried my lazy *ss off the couch and went out to the garage it was 90* outside so I figured I'd start by putting the new trailer together. Simple, right? It was gonna be until the borrowed compressor died after my air ratchet got done with bolt #4. Ended up doing the rest by hand. It took 3 sweaty hours.

So, you're probably scratching your head and wondering why a guy with 2 other trailers and a tow dolly needs yet another trailer. Here's my twisted logic; I'm basically maintaining 2 yards. I also have lawn and garden stuff scattered all over the garage, in my basement, in 2 sheds down the hill, and strapped to the BroHauler. My initial thought was to put it all in one spot in the garage. Then I thought about building a dedicated garden shed. Then it occurred to me...Why don't I just build a landscaping trailer and essentially have a portable garden shed that I can tow up and down the hill with the BroHauler? Everything in one place -- right where I'm working.

After the new trailer was done I pulled my tilt trailer in to swap out the leaf spring. Got it apart about 7:30 only to find out the warehouse monkey pulled the wrong springs. Paperwork was correct so I know I asked for the right parts.

Got up early and was in their lot before they opened. got the correct springs and hustled back to slam it together. Just as I was wheeling the trailer out of the garage my buddy Greg showed up. He hitched it to his Duramax, loaded the bikes and we headed for the hills. Managed a 50 mile loop and got to 8800'. Even rode through a little snow.

It was a good day. Nothing broke, no one got hurt. I live in the best place on earth. 'MERICA!

• Winner
  • In Love
Reactions: 9 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
They had a $259 coupon. I've got some plywood and 2x4s to buy still. It's back-burnered for a couple weeks.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
any reviews on the new tire?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
New tire is a vast improvement over the Deathwing. It does everything better except maybe sand on top of hardpack, like some spots on Silver City road on our way out. Certainly no worse on that surface, but not much better. Really, I can't imagine any tire design doing great on that though.
This new 241 is technically a trials bike tire and the majority of the trail riding we do out there is about 15mph with some sections where you'll slow to a crawl. Deep ruts, rock fields (baby heads), water crossings, small snow fields, hill climbs, moon dust, hardpack, and the occasional stretch of nice straightaway. No tire is going to handle everything perfectly but this 241 is waaay better than the stock tire. I'm still learning to trust the bike and finding the tire's limits. I never put it down yesterday. If anything the new front tire is telling me that the rear needs replacing soon.

Speaking of Silver City road, you guys ever seen Mormon Crickets?

I know it's impossible to tell the size without scale but most of them are about the size of an adult man's thumb. They walk like a zombie horde and occasionally jump when threatened but don't fly. They're also canibals. There were miles and miles of roads and trails covered by migrating crickets and the ground looked like it was moving. It was actually making me dizzy at times. We just kept riding.

• Scared
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor