euro lights for ss

Status
Not open for further replies.

tru88monte

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 10, 2008
does any one know where to get euro lights for a monte ss. i heard about them but never seen them

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
If I remember correctly, the swap takes a minor amount of fabrication to the fiberglass header panel in order to mount the light housings. But the housings themselves come from LS Montes. I think the last years of Cutlasses used the same ones also.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
tru88monte said:
does any one know where to get euro lights for a monte ss. i heard about them but never seen them
The Monte LS and Cutlass composite headlights are too wide and too short for the opening in the SS nose.
Later model Celebrity one-piece headlights will fit the SS nose when using an aftermarket mounting bucket made by Lauren Engineering.
http://www.laureneng.com/1806254.html
308603887.jpg

drb930

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 25, 2007
Los Angeles
Clutch_Grabwell said:
tru88monte said:
The Monte LS and Cutlass composite headlights are too wide and too short for the opening in the SS nose.
Later model Celebrity one-piece headlights will fit the SS nose when using an aftermarket mounting bucket made by Lauren Engineering.
http://www.laureneng.com/1806254.html
308603887.jpg

How about a 87 El Camino?
Is there a way to put Euro Lights in these?

Thanks,
Dave

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
For the Grand Prix what would fit? I think i've read about the Caprice euro light's fitting any info?

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
I grabbed a nice complete set on 87 Celebrity lights the other day an was going to buy them from the junkyard but they wanted 37.00 each for them,i didn't have the cash to get both so i ended up not getting them,maybe i 'll find some for a cheaper price,but any way

Does any one have a good pic of the brackets needed to mount them in a monte ? Would they be hard to make ?Is there more write up's on here some were ?

please post the links an pics or you installed Celebrity headlights

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
skulledmonte84 said:
please post the links an pics or you installed Celebrity headlights

And we have a thread back from the dead...
Here's a picture from the assembly of my SS back about 2004. The buckets made the installation super easy.
DSCN0049.jpg

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
heres some i made for my aero(still have to resin fill/mend my overcutsand paint).all 3 of my SS's are at the ranch/workspace/parts bank,im in the midle of finalizing a deal on my 79 for another 87 SS with a 5.3/4l60e and as soon as my homie pics up the 79 and i take poSSesion of the 87 ill get you some pics of the lights with the nose attached to fenders,rad and what not :wink: "BRACKETS!??!"..."WE DONT NEED NO STANKING BRACKETS!!!" :rofl:

Attachments

• FAMILY PICS.jpg
    FAMILY PICS.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 3,020
  • FAMILY PICS 062.jpg
    FAMILY PICS 062.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 1,769
  • FAMILY PICS 059.jpg
    FAMILY PICS 059.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • FAMILY PICS 061.jpg
    FAMILY PICS 061.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • FAMILY PICS 060.jpg
    FAMILY PICS 060.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 1,088

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
So L.A.X-RATED,Will they adjust after the light is in ? if i had to guess id say NO, i think getting them "level" in there would be the thing to do,Right ? i see you make the bracket in the middle "on the back" to hold the light from falling out,did you have to trim any material off the Celebrity light ? What part of the headlight bucket did you trim first.is there any pointers that you could give to me,or for that matter anyone reading this

By the way thanks for the post help out a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor