CUTLASS New Tail Lights!

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Clear ones? Anyone got a link? That would be cool with a black background and superbright red LEDs.
Got rid of mine, couldn't see the LED's in daylight, the lamps looked pink.
Shizah, was that with stock bulbs?
You can't run stock bulbs, you need to get specialized LED replacements that are red, otherwise you'll get a ticket or rear-ended...

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
When I worked at a Chevy/Olds dealer in the mid 90's, I bought replacements for mine because the emblems fell off. They were $59 each! When I got them, they were all scratched up so the parts manager called the warehouse and asked the manager if they had any that weren't scratched up. He said he would pick two that weren't scratched and he did. The warehouse manager said that GM parts at the warehouse are basically just thrown in bins and only boxed when they are shipped so a lot of parts have shelf damage. I'm finally painting my car next winter (2024-25) so I guess in the spring of 25 I'll install my new lights!
Sorry your warehouse had a bunch of idiots working there. Out of the dozen or so I've purchased while available over the counter, only one had a minor scuff on the top of it which I've left intact. If/when I use it, I'll buff it out. Every lens I've got so far is very suitable for use without issue.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I might have some emblems. For a while I got several Oldsmobiles from IAAI insurance auctions. Parted out the cars but saved all the emblems.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
LEDs, look pink and were hard to see in daylight...
67597150_10162070705460716_8377712810431348736_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Sep 14, 2019
Clear ones? Anyone got a link? That would be cool with a black background and superbright red LEDs.
Go on Google or Facebook & look up "Mr. Keith's auto parts" I purchased my taillights from him 3 yrs ago he also has the all clear for all gbodys he's legit

Attachments

• received_948662225601326.jpeg
    received_948662225601326.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 37

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Is he not legit?
Depends on who you ask, I suppose. Let's put it this way, IMO, he's always been rather cagey on how he obtained some of the parts he sells. I've gotten different stories from him about what was refurbished and what he considers "NOS" and "new". Blurred lines with different accounts of his products, it seems. Oh, and Lord help you if you ask questions about his stuff he's selling.

He also acts like a sniveling little child sometimes and refuses to sell you parts based on bad information that's in his head. Then throws out incorrect accusations of how you screwed him over on buying a part, and it was over a part that someone else must have purchased. Somehow he he felt he got screwed on some inner door panel arm rest pads. I know for a fact I purchased all the ones I have from the GM dealership and never purchased any from him. According to the accusation, I "screwed him" by purchasing them from him, then selling them to someone else for a profit. How he would even know my personal business dealings with someone else when I don't publicly share that info anyway is anyone's guess. Even if it were true, which it isn't, what gives him the right to approve or disapprove what I do with my own junk after he got paid? And obviously he had no record of it for proof. Maybe he's gotten some help over the years and that ain't the case any longer. I just don't know. I've never sold any new armrests to anyone to my knowledge.

So, yeah. I got reason to question his legitimacy.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor