Ever heard of a Cutlass "classic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
2000.malibu.ls said:
parking brake was disconnected by the previous owner, and when I put new brakes on, i didnt bother to reconect it. and Yes, it was pushed into the bay it is sitting in now.

no, I mean can you move the car by pushing it if the transmission is in park?

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
I pulled the cover off the rear end, and there was one chipped tooth. I did this before I ever drove the car. So it WAS working before I dropped the transmission to change the torque converter, and it has NOT been driven since, so I dont see how that would have broken.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
pontiacgp said:
2000.malibu.ls said:
parking brake was disconnected by the previous owner, and when I put new brakes on, i didnt bother to reconect it. and Yes, it was pushed into the bay it is sitting in now.

no, I mean can you move the car by pushing it if the transmission is in park?

um... didnt try to be honest. didnt think too. What would that be if it moved?

(sorry, didnt see the words "in park" before)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it would answer the question that Jesse had about the rear end....if it moved then it's a problem with the rear end

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
no, I acutally just remembered we did check that. I forgot, I was on the lift inside the car working the levers. we put it in park and couldnt get the wheels to turn.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
HELP

i can see this is going to be fun....... are you the one that changed out the converter and it still has the same problem...then you put a different trans and you still have the same problem

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think the first problem was the oil was being pushed out of the filler tube....then a different converter and then a transmission change

but I gotta go set up the race car for friday nite....later guys

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
Re: HELP

JESSE said:
i can see this is going to be fun....... are you the one that changed out the converter and it still has the same problem...then you put a different trans and you still have the same problem

lol, yes, thats what ive just said. I dont know what "are you the one" means. because I havent really been posting about this on here. Ive done all of the work myself, when I say we, I mean myself and the mechanic that works for my dad, who is assisting me from time to time when I need a second person or need to know how to do something.

So yeah, thats what I said, I changed converters, it made things worse, I changed transmissions, and Im still having the same problem.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
help

well i finaly fiqured it out :oops: ...jesse :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor