Ever heard of a Cutlass "classic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
help

i must have missed the thread on your trans....what trans and what kind of problem are you having...jesse

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
Re: help

JESSE said:
i must have missed the thread on your trans....what trans and what kind of problem are you having...jesse

if I knew what the problem was, I would fix it, but basically I was pretty sure I had a bad converter on a th-350, so I bought a new one. Well the new one actually made things worse and the tires wont even move. So I changed the transmission and added the new converter. Same thing, the wheels wont turn. the thing was, after whatever it was exploded from the transmission, we were still able to drive it. When I put the new torque converter on, i lost this ability.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
help

are you saying that you can put it in gera and i won't move?

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
yes, it wont move at ALL, and yes it is a 2k stall converter, but you can rev it way up and it wont move.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
help

has anyone looked to see if the drive shaft turn?

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
... um... um... um.... not sure actually! I would figure it wouldnt be if its not moving the wheels at all. Why? thinking its a rear end problem maybe?

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
parking brake was disconnected by the previous owner, and when I put new brakes on, i didnt bother to reconect it. and Yes, it was pushed into the bay it is sitting in now.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
help

this is what i was talking about diagnoisi, you have to look at everything in the system,and yes i have seen the pinion gears break....if the drive does not turn then the problem is probably is in the trans....

there are still things to look at....jesse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor