exhaust...choices, choices, choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
im in dire need of an exhaust system. a quick question i have is would a mc ss dual exhaust system work on my 80 cutlass? im looking to do a dual exit system but not trying to do true duals just yet. any opinions? any links you might be able to send? thanks

UOFLcards

Greasemonkey
Jun 14, 2011
I'm looking into running a single in/dual out exhaust myself. I got quoted at my local exhaust shop for $200 bucks with a flowmaster muffler included.

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
I think all g-bodys are the same except el caminos and wagons which are longer, so most anything should fit.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
i only asked muffler brothers and they said 385. NOT! 200 is more of a reasonable price. and with flowmaster mufflers? what series? i woulda been happy with glass packs

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
All gbody exh will work on each other including a wagon. The only one that wont work is a elcamons because wheelbase is longer the wagons are not longer.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
chevy2480 said:
All gbody exh will work on each other including a wagon. The only one that wont work is a elcamons because wheelbase is longer the wagons are not longer.

ok thanks for the info. i have a chevy 305 in my cutlass. so if i do get the mc ss setup is it going to work with the factory headers?

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Mc exhaust would be dauls all the way up to the point it bolt to the catalayic converter. If your car retains the manifolds and y pipe from a mc then your good. Otherwise modification from that cat point forward will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor