exhaust cutouts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I Just ordered some mechanical exhaust cutouts for my ss and im excited. ill get a video up in the next week or so hopefully

How do you put "fasten" them in line with the pipe since they are cast iron?? I've always wondered that...

can't wait to see/hear the results :twisted:

3XBrownCutty said:
How do you put "fasten" them in line with the pipe since they are cast iron?? I've always wondered that...

can't wait to see/hear the results :twisted:

You would braze(sp?) them in.

yea they r the cable ones cuz they are cheaper and i would be afraid the electric ones wouldnt close after awhile so thats y im going witth the cable ones . i no im going to get in trouble with them but they will be worth it. hahah, and the cast iron ones you weld in. thats what im going to do anyways

SWEET! Oh please do a vid. I cant wait to wire mine up. The lil 350 sounded mean when it was being broken in with open headers. Yep! You'll be gettin into some trouble. LOL!

Warren 8)

i went to the muffler shop 2day to c if he can put them cutouts on and he said he didnt no if he could because they are cast iron. im like :wtf: so he said he will try 2morrow so hopefully he can or im goin to have to do it myself maybe.. i have the cast iron ones with the cable.. in jegs they said they can be welded in. does anyone no if they can

they might have to be clamped in, cast iron and steel are simaler execpt theres more carbon in the steel than in the iron. another problem would be it takes more head to melt the thicker iron then the thinner steel because of mass. thats why its hard. the muffler shop is used to welding thin steel to thin steel, not cast iron to thin steel.

I repeat....

[quote="jrm81bu]You would braze(sp?) them in.[/quote]

😀

well dang that sucks he probly wont be able to put them on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor