EXHAUST:H pipe glasspack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Runnin LT headers, dropped down to 2.5 in pipes could I use jegs 3 in H pipe kit to fit over the duals and use them as a makeshift glass pack? with holes drilled and such and stuffed with fiberglass, blah blah blah, also anyone heard of hooker aero chamber mufflers? btw im running a 350 olds, 350 trans,

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Anyone? someone has got to have an H pipe on their car...

Jg85350Regal

Greasemonkey
Mar 10, 2010
Windsor Locks, CT
Glasspacks are damn cheap, Id just go buy some if thats what your after. The h pipe or x pipes are supposed to equalize backpressure between the exhaust banks. The hooker muffler sound pretty nice too probably better then glasspacks but it depends on what your looking for. glasspacks give more of an old school hot rod sound than the aerochamber would.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Everyone I know has gotten rid of the "H" pipe for the newer style "X" pipe. "X" pipe is supposed to be better than "H" pipe because it better equalizes the flow. The "H" pipes also seem to be getting phased out by the "X" pipes. Either one is still an upgrade from a regular dual exhaust. I don't know many people with glasspacks but that's just because they are louder and I live in NY, so cops bust balls hard for noise pollution.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
i'd bust my own balls if i was pulled over for some bullshit called "noise pollution" then again cops deserve to have their balls busted for pulling ppl over for some bullshit like that

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I agree :mrgreen:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm running an H pipe but that's cause it was cheaper than running an X pipe. They are too much money still and an H pipe does the same job as the X pipe, but doesn't take away from the sound of the exhaust.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
oh...I forgot to post what I wanted to. I have a set of hooker areochambers on my exhaust. 350 w/ 700r-4 running long tube headers w/ 2.5" pypes kit with x-pipe. Side outlet exhaust. I think it sounds badass. My pops had areochambers on his 87 w/ 455 & 200-4r. Super comp headers w/ 3.5" to 3" reducer collectors w/ h-pipe. His sounded of course a lot louder. My unlce has a malibu with 350 w/ 350 and runs same exhaust as me except pypes mufflers...I think mine sounds a little throatier, but both sound nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor