exhaust manifolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
i put a 350 from a 97 suburban in my t type and the exhaust manifolds from the truck hit the bracket from my steering column to my transmission shifter, do i need the bracket and what should i do? i dont like headers so if i gotta get something else what manifolds should i look for at junk yard

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Just grab a set of manifolds from a GM car with a 305/350 engine :idea:

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
which would be best for vortec heads and fit a g body though, and i want to avoid a crossover pipe like i think monte carlos had on 305's

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
and i figured out the point to that bracket, it lets you to the key in park to start car and to pull your key out so im pretty sure i need it

othtim

Master Mechanic
Mar 23, 2010
bigdawg said:
which would be best for vortec heads and fit a g body though, and i want to avoid a crossover pipe like i think monte carlos had on 305's

Exhaust manifolds will bolt up the same to your vortec heads.

What if you just get a set of g-body manifolds, and drill out the crossover and put in a pipe plug? Or somethign like that? Also did ALL g-body's have the exhaust manifold crossover? I dont remember my 83 Monte having one, or my 84 Cutlass.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
I have a set with the late model exhaust port bolt pattern of that 97 in my shop. Still have the air tubes. Were on my buick for a while

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
well problems fixed but have another quick question, went to the junkyard for the manifold and got lucky and found the power steering pump and brackets :mrgreen:

heres the stock vortec manifolds, had problem with the bottom one (drivers side)

exhaustmanifolds.jpg

this is the one i got at the junkyard

exhaustmanifold.jpg

question is can i use the passanger vortec one since it fits and the passanger one from the truck i got the manifold from was falling apart rusty and the one i needed looks new :mrgreen:

oh yea and it fits like it was ment for the car :D

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
they look exactly the same and the opening is the same size that turns into your exhaust so i dont see why not but i simply bolt and unbolt things and when it comes to the laws of physics and science im clueless lol and i dont wanna make one side of the motor work harder and throw it off balance or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor