exhaust system

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
The turbo mufflers I've been considering, but I need to do some stuff before I go to my exhaust guy. Thanks for that info

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
i have the stainless pypes x pipe set up, on my full roller 350sbc... i think my headers are 1.75"... with 3" collectors down to 2.5"... i started the x pipe kit just after the trans crossmember.... cant tell ya how she sounds just yet cause i couldnt afford mufflers out of my last paycheck... you can get a nice pypes set for $150 off ebay... i got mine new in the box from a friend for $50 if i remember correctly might have even paid 40... idk, i have bought so much crap for my car it all kinda blends into ONE BIG BILL

Attachments

• CAM02167.jpg
    CAM02167.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 568

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
Lol, yea I feel you on that one big bill thing. I heard pypes are good. I had my exhaust custom fabricated from the headers all the way back using flow master 40s. I think my big exhaust tips are making it very loud as well. 2 1/4 inch pipe to a 3 1/2 inch tip.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
so, i stopped into NAPA auto to pick up a few quarts of transmission fluid for my bosses wifes taurus (dipstick was bone dry) and i remembered this post, so i asked pete what kind of mufflers he would recommend and he told me his brothers SS has the NAPA brand quietflowSS mufflers and he said it quieted down a good bit, but still sounds pretty mean and it doesnt feel choked off... i have heard petes brothers car and it sounds damn nice, not obnoxiously loud... also napa has a buy a quietflow SS muffler and get a $50 VISA gift card, buy a muffler and converter and get a $100 gift card... for the whole month of may...

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa
565bbchevy said:
Typically you want a balance tube as close to the header collectors as possible but the reality is there are many factors that limit a specific placement and it just comes down to where it will actually fit.
There is a theory that you can mark a crayon on the exhaust pipe and at the end of the spot where it burns off is the best location for the balance tube.
With mine clearance around the trans pan and low ground clearance for the car pretty much dictated where the tube would go.

WOW that's f**king sweet looking, Thanks

skulledmonte84

Master Mechanic
Feb 7, 2014
near Clearfield pa

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we tried X pipe and H pipe in our circle track car and neither cut any time on a lap, they change the tone of the exhaust and that's all. Summit doesn't even show you any dyno runs to back up their claims

stevenc8337

Greasemonkey
Nov 24, 2012
NYC
pontiacgp said:
we tried X pipe and H pipe in our circle track car and neither cut any time on a lap, they change the tone of the exhaust and that's all. Summit doesn't even show you any dyno runs to back up their claims

it may had not improved your cars time, but did it lower the exhaust note, at least at a idle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor